How do "You" feel when somebody says god bless you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: How do "You" feel when somebody says god bless you?
It's not like I wish to have them beheaded. Seems to be the standard response when I give a little bit to a pan-handler. I even let them keep it.

don't believe everything you think
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2014, 09:29 AM
(20-12-2014 09:24 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 09:17 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Nobody says that to me.

God bless you Big Grin

Fuck off!

Tongue

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
20-12-2014, 09:42 AM
(20-12-2014 09:29 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 09:24 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  God bless you Big Grin

Fuck off!

Tongue

Evil_monster

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
20-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Homeless guy said it to me yesterday when I gave him some money. Didn't bother me at all. It is similar to a thank you in my eyes in that instance.

There are other times where you know it is someone religiosity shining through. There it bothers me a little bit but at the end of the day, just words that are well intentioned. I certainly wouldn't respond negatively.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
20-12-2014, 01:27 PM
I don't mind their "gawd bless you" so long as they don't mind my "gawd damn it"!

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
20-12-2014, 02:29 PM
You mean if I sneeze or something?

I don't mind it -- in fact I rarely think about it. It's just a rote thing people do often without much or any thought.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-12-2014, 02:48 PM
God bless you - if it's said cause I did something nice I take it as a well wish and gratitude and smile. If it's bless your heart... two can play that game.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
20-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Doesn't bother me.

Now when someone says, "I'll pray for you", that's a different story.

Had an inmate yesterday tell me she'd pray for me. Told her I'd rather she do something useful with her time.
20-12-2014, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2014 07:48 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
it's a just kind gesture that's tradition. I say it and I'm an atheist. I don't sweat it.

I also say "Jesus Christ!" when various things happen. It doesn't mean I believe in Jesus. It's just tradition, culture, upbringing, today's lingo, etc.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
20-12-2014, 07:30 PM
(19-12-2014 06:07 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  Actually i'm curious, sorry i posted this here because i feel like iv'e posted to much on the other forms plus this is more of a question.
How do you feel when a person sends you a email and you don't know them and they don't know you but they put inside of the message's ending "God bless you" Do you suddenly feel the need to say you don't believe? but thanks anyways. Maybe i'm just a jerk Evil_monster No i actually don't think i am, i just think that i feel kinda like somebody's assuming i'm christian.
What do you feel like when this happens?

I don't think it has ever happened to me outside of the Theotrolls on the forum... Consider Does it count as ironic that an atheist forum increased my exposure to the religious?

But I do tend to get annoyed any time 'god' is mentioned in a reverent manner.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.