How do creationists explain antibiotic resistant "super bugs"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2015, 10:43 PM
How do creationists explain antibiotic resistant "super bugs"
I was sitting here at my desk and a thought occurred to me.

How do creationists explain the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria?

We are seeing evolution in action as the few bacteria that had the mutation to survive the antibiotics are surviving via natural selection processes.

And if they admit micro-evolution is occurring but not macro-evolution then they are arguing from personal incredulity. As micro-evolution and macro-evolution are just terms trying to split evolution out when that is not how it works(from what I understand). Using their terms you end up with, If enough "micro-evolutions" happen you end up with "macro-evolution"

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Worom's post
31-05-2015, 10:50 PM
RE: How do creationists explain antibiotic resistant "super bugs"
Simple.

God creates them to test us.

It's all part of his divine plan.

Because he loves us.

Apparently.

Dodgy

[+] 11 users Like DLJ's post
31-05-2015, 10:51 PM
They would claim that it's not evolution because they are still bacteria "kind."

They won't be happy until they see a rock give birth to a dog.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 10 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
31-05-2015, 10:51 PM
(31-05-2015 10:43 PM)Worom Wrote:  I was sitting here at my desk and a thought occurred to me.

We are seeing evolution in action as the few bacteria that had the mutation to survive the antibiotics are surviving via natural selection processes.

And if they admit micro-evolution is occurring but not macro-evolution then they are arguing from personal incredulity. As micro-evolution and macro-evolution are just terms trying to split evolution out when that is not how it works(from what I understand). Using their terms you end up with, If enough "micro-evolutions" happen you end up with "macro-evolution"

They believe in that kind of evolution, they don't believe in the long term evolution...to them they think that that virus will "evolve" into a fly or something. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-05-2015, 10:52 PM
(31-05-2015 10:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Simple.

Because he loves us.

Apparently.

Dodgy

Don't forget "free will" and "we live in a fallen world."

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
31-05-2015, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2015 11:00 PM by Worom.)

Because he loves us.

Apparently.

Dodgy

If by loves us you mean loves to kill us then I would agree lol Tongue

The next argument I would go based on that is, how can a god that is perfectly good create something that kills us, when god defined murder as bad?
Although somehow I think they would say something along the lines of anything god does is good even if it's contradictory Facepalm

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
31-05-2015, 11:09 PM
(31-05-2015 10:43 PM)Worom Wrote:  I was sitting here at my desk and a thought occurred to me.

They don't.

They don't deal with it. They say, yeah that's "micro-evolution", not macro. When you press them on the difference, "macro" is a "kind of thing" becoming a different "kind of thing". If the bacteria aren't becoming dolphins, well that's not macro.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
31-05-2015, 11:11 PM
(31-05-2015 10:54 PM)Worom Wrote:  

Because he loves us.

Apparently.

Dodgy

If by loves us you mean loves to kill us then I would agree lol Tongue

The next argument I would go based on that is, how can a god that is perfectly good create something that kills us, when god defined murder as bad?

That leads to a sort of "Divine Command dichotomy": "Is something good (or bad) because god said it is, or did god say it is because it is?"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-05-2015, 11:11 PM
They don't explain it, they avoid it like the plague.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
31-05-2015, 11:13 PM
(31-05-2015 10:54 PM)Worom Wrote:  ...

Although somehow I think they would say something along the lines of anything god does is good even if it's contradictory Facepalm

I think you just answered your own question. Yes

But did I miss the bit where god defined murder as bad?

If you are talking about one of the 10 commandments (the ones that Moses deleted in a hissy fit), then that was about Jews not murdering other Jews.

Generally, god would appear to be in favour of genocide.

The superbugs are really his chosen people.

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post