How do creationists explain antibiotic resistant "super bugs"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2015, 07:29 AM
RE: How do creationists explain antibiotic resistant "super bugs"
(04-06-2015 07:24 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 07:13 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Answer my questions instead of bullshit sidesteps.

Neither option 1 or 2, would be accurate.

Do you disagree with Freethought as well?

Those are the only 2 options. Either you think you know more than experts in their respective fields, or ignorance gives you reason to think so. Which is it? Are you a scientific savant or ignorant?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2015, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 08:29 AM by Tomasia.)
(04-06-2015 07:29 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 07:24 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Neither option 1 or 2, would be accurate.

Do you disagree with Freethought as well?

Those are the only 2 options. Either you think you know more than experts in their respective fields, or ignorance gives you reason to think so. Which is it? Are you a scientific savant or ignorant?

Unless you can show that your views, are held by the consensus of experts here, then your option 1 is mute. I don't think you're representative here. In fact I think a variety of experts, like Jerry Coyne will likely side with me here more so than you.
04-06-2015, 08:04 AM
(04-06-2015 07:49 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 07:29 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Those are the only 2 options. Either you think you know more than experts in their respective fields, or ignorance gives you reason to think so. Which is it? Are you a scientific savant or ignorant?

Unless you can show that your views, are held by the consensus of experts here, then your option 2 is mute. I don't think you're representative here. In fact I think a variety of experts, like Jerry Coyne will likely side with me here more so than you.

Okay, option 2. Thumbsup

-Rick
04-06-2015, 08:33 AM
(04-06-2015 08:04 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Okay, option 2. Thumbsup

It seems like you entire argument is merely an appeal to the authority of one, yourself.

It boils down to: "You're wrong, I'm not going to demonstrate why you're wrong, but you are wrong because I'm an expert, [expletive] [expletive] [expletive]."

You haven't even bothered to say if you even disagree with Freethoughts views here.
04-06-2015, 08:35 AM
(04-06-2015 08:33 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 08:04 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Okay, option 2. Thumbsup

It seems like you entire argument is merely an appeal to the authority of one, yourself.

It boils down to: "You're wrong, I'm not going to demonstrate why you're wrong, but you are wrong because I'm an expert, [expletive] [expletive] [expletive]."

You haven't even bothered to say if you even disagree with Freethoughts views here.

You really don't get it. Nothing I have said contradicts what FT said, in fact, they are congruent. That is what you fail to understand, because your ignorance seems to manifest itself as supreme arrogance.

But by all means, I am sure you know more about all of these fields than myself and the experts in the fields of science you clearly know more than. Drinking Beverage

I'll make sure to send a copy of my dissertation to you for your approval and input.

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
04-06-2015, 08:40 AM
And an appeal to authority isn't a fallacy if I am actually an authority. Drinking Beverage

-Rick
04-06-2015, 08:42 AM
(04-06-2015 07:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And yes, I have devoted my career to the fields of geology, paleontology, evolution, paleobiology, geochemistry, and paleoclimatology.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2

And your resume shows that you have a Phd in Geocities. When was the last time anyone ever used geocities, Hahaha Laugh out load
04-06-2015, 08:46 AM
(04-06-2015 08:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 07:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And yes, I have devoted my career to the fields of geology, paleontology, evolution, paleobiology, geochemistry, and paleoclimatology.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2

And your resume shows that you have a Phd in Geocities. When was the last time anyone ever used geocities, Hahaha Laugh out load

What the hell are you talking about? Did you read geoscience as geocities?

-Rick
04-06-2015, 08:47 AM
You clearly don't take the time to read anything accurately. You are little more than a troll at this point

-Rick
04-06-2015, 08:52 AM
(04-06-2015 08:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You really don't get it. Nothing I have said contradicts what FT said, in fact, they are congruent. That is what you fail to understand, because your ignorance seems to manifest itself as supreme arrogance.

But by all means, I am sure you know more about all of these fields than myself and the experts in the fields of science you clearly know more than. Drinking Beverage

I'll make sure to send a copy of my dissertation to you for your approval and input.

So nothing you said contradicts FT, but something I said contradicted FT? Even though I acknowledge my overall agreement with him.

Does your professional life entail creating predicative models of what life on another planet would look life, or even what the chances of life existing on other planets would be? Are there any peer reviewed articles you can cite as a point of reference for the questions raised here? I'm guessing the answer is no, you cherubic looking jolly son of a bitch.