How do creationists explain antibiotic resistant "super bugs"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: How do creationists explain antibiotic resistant "super bugs"
(31-05-2015 11:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 10:54 PM)Worom Wrote:  ...

The next argument I would go based on that is, how can a god that is perfectly good create something that kills us, when god defined murder as bad?
Although somehow I think they would say something along the lines of anything god does is good even if it's contradictory Facepalm

I think you just answered your own question. Yes

But did I miss the bit where god defined murder as bad?

If you are talking about one of the 10 commandments (the ones that Moses deleted in a hissy fit), then that was about Jews not murdering other Jews.

Generally, god would appear to be in favour of genocide.

The superbugs are really his chosen people.

Dodgy

Yeah was referring to the 10 commandments, figures that god would only be referring to the Jews not murdering other Jews instead of you know everyone Dodgy . Still trying to learn as much as I can Smile I seem to be still only scratching the surface on the amount of genocide in the bible from what I've been learning.

Seems like arguing with creationists is akin to arguing with a brick wall.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Worom's post
31-05-2015, 11:31 PM
They don't.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
01-06-2015, 01:06 AM
(31-05-2015 11:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  They don't explain it, they avoid it like the plague.

[Image: archaic-rap-see-what-you-did-there1.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
01-06-2015, 01:44 AM
Stolen from a comedienne who I can't remember...

If theists dont believe in evolution, then why won't they take last years flu jab?
01-06-2015, 04:42 AM
God's divine plan is (apparently) to repeatedly fuck us in the ass against our will while (not audibly) whispering to us how much he loves us, so I see no contradiction here... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-06-2015, 05:13 AM
How do creationists explain antibiotic resistant "super bugs"
You heathens have it wrong. Bacteria and viruses don't evolve. They change disguises.

Also, Christians have to believe in evolution. After all, their Messiah evolved from a Middle Eastern guy into an ultra white guy.
[+] 6 users Like Clockwork's post
01-06-2015, 05:36 AM
(31-05-2015 10:43 PM)Worom Wrote:  I was sitting here at my desk and a thought occurred to me.

How do creationists explain the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria?

We are seeing evolution in action as the few bacteria that had the mutation to survive the antibiotics are surviving via natural selection processes.

And if they admit micro-evolution is occurring but not macro-evolution then they are arguing from personal incredulity. As micro-evolution and macro-evolution are just terms trying to split evolution out when that is not how it works(from what I understand). Using their terms you end up with, If enough "micro-evolutions" happen you end up with "macro-evolution"

Consider the evolution conundrum of Noah's ark. A Christian would argue that 17,000 or so "kinds" were on the ark and evolved from the time of the flood about 4240 years ago into the millions of species we see today. An evolutionary event that requires each species of animal coming off of the ark to generate hundreds of different species from their "kind" and populating all of the species with a significant population for every branch from the original "kind". And this all supposedly happened in less than 5000 years, and it did this without leaving a trace of evidence in the last 4240 years.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
01-06-2015, 06:29 AM
(01-06-2015 05:36 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 10:43 PM)Worom Wrote:  I was sitting here at my desk and a thought occurred to me.

We are seeing evolution in action as the few bacteria that had the mutation to survive the antibiotics are surviving via natural selection processes.

And if they admit micro-evolution is occurring but not macro-evolution then they are arguing from personal incredulity. As micro-evolution and macro-evolution are just terms trying to split evolution out when that is not how it works(from what I understand). Using their terms you end up with, If enough "micro-evolutions" happen you end up with "macro-evolution"

Consider the evolution conundrum of Noah's ark. A Christian would argue that 17,000 or so "kinds" were on the ark and evolved from the time of the flood about 4240 years ago into the millions of species we see today. An evolutionary event that requires each species of animal coming off of the ark to generate hundreds of different species from their "kind" and populating all of the species with a significant population for every branch from the original "kind". And this all supposedly happened in less than 5000 years, and it did this without leaving a trace of evidence in the last 4240 years.
this article really doesn't say much about after the ark is actually dry docked. Even if you could store all those species in the ark, what happens after? 2 of every animal isn't sustainable, just gonna have massive inbreeding as a result and just mostly if not all dying off. But I suppose magic.Angel

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
01-06-2015, 06:29 AM
(31-05-2015 10:51 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  They would claim that it's not evolution because they are still bacteria "kind."

They won't be happy until they see a rock give birth to a dog.

they believe evolution requires livings things to come from rock which is why its impossible yet have no problem believing that man was created from a rock
01-06-2015, 06:30 AM

Sounds like you had a stroke. Might wanna get that checked.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user