How do creationists explain antibiotic resistant "super bugs"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2015, 06:31 AM
RE: How do creationists explain antibiotic resistant "super bugs"
(01-06-2015 06:29 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 10:51 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  They would claim that it's not evolution because they are still bacteria "kind."

They won't be happy until they see a rock give birth to a dog.

they believe evolution requires livings things to come from rock which is why its impossible yet have no problem believing that man was created from a rock
nuh uh, dust and god breath. It's a differentTongue I think wonder woman was made from clay. Sorta like that.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 07:38 AM
The bugs must pray better than we do.
01-06-2015, 08:18 AM
Same wat they "explain" everything.
Either god did it or it happened because of sin..
01-06-2015, 09:12 AM
Antibiotic resistant bacteria may cause the death of many thousands of people over the coming years if a solution is not found. With that in mind, it is not evolution we are witnessing, but gods punishment for us allowing equal rights to women/gays/mixed race couples... Tongue

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
01-06-2015, 09:20 AM
(31-05-2015 11:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  They don't explain it, they avoid it like the plague.

They attempt to explain it by saying that they always had the capability of being resistant to X or Y, but that component was switched "off". When they "evolved" that component was switched to "on".
01-06-2015, 09:23 AM
(31-05-2015 10:43 PM)Worom Wrote:  I was sitting here at my desk and a thought occurred to me.

How do creationists explain the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria?

We are seeing evolution in action as the few bacteria that had the mutation to survive the antibiotics are surviving via natural selection processes.

And if they admit micro-evolution is occurring but not macro-evolution then they are arguing from personal incredulity. As micro-evolution and macro-evolution are just terms trying to split evolution out when that is not how it works(from what I understand). Using their terms you end up with, If enough "micro-evolutions" happen you end up with "macro-evolution"

Yes, they'll likely explain it as micro-evolution, a small scale gene mutation, that allowed the bacteria to develop the resistance.

And I guess the question should be why should we imagine that this accounts for all the diversity of life, on the grand scale vision Darwinians have in mind.
01-06-2015, 09:27 AM
(01-06-2015 09:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  And I guess the question should be why should we imagine that this accounts for all the diversity of life, on the grand scale vision Darwinians have in mind.

What do you get if you multiply a small change over time with a very, very long time?

... this is my signature!
01-06-2015, 09:35 AM
(01-06-2015 09:27 AM)cjlr Wrote:  What do you get if you multiply a small change over time with a very, very long time?

A bunch of bacteria and fungus.

If we were able to develop a bacteria able to survive on another planet, is it in inevitable that given 3.5 billions years, that we'd find a diverse array of life, conscious and self-aware creatures like ourselves roaming the planet, writing novels, and building sky scrapers and shit?

Probably not, so why should a creationist buy the Darwinian narrative?
01-06-2015, 09:39 AM
(31-05-2015 10:43 PM)Worom Wrote:  I was sitting here at my desk and a thought occurred to me.

How do creationists explain the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria?

We are seeing evolution in action as the few bacteria that had the mutation to survive the antibiotics are surviving via natural selection processes.

And if they admit micro-evolution is occurring but not macro-evolution then they are arguing from personal incredulity. As micro-evolution and macro-evolution are just terms trying to split evolution out when that is not how it works(from what I understand). Using their terms you end up with, If enough "micro-evolutions" happen you end up with "macro-evolution"

If you ever start wondering "how do creationists explain X?" Remember the answer is always the same, god. Just god. No more than that. God did it that way for his own reasons. Who the hell (besides god) knows what those reasons are.

Or it could be the devil. Because the devil hates him some god, so he fucks with stuff just to be a dick. Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
01-06-2015, 09:40 AM
(01-06-2015 09:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 09:27 AM)cjlr Wrote:  What do you get if you multiply a small change over time with a very, very long time?

A bunch of bacteria and fungus.

If we were able to develop a bacteria able to survive on another planet, is it in inevitable that given 3.5 billions years, that we'd find a diverse array of life, conscious and self-aware creatures like ourselves roaming the planet, writing novels, and building sky scrapers and shit?

Probably not, so why should a creationist buy the Darwinian narrative?

Because that is not the "Darwinian narrative". It is a straw man version of natural selection.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post