How do creationists explain black people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2011, 09:20 PM

explainations...
the question is not how do creationists explain black people
it is
how do they explain white people?

there are far far more people of color on earth than white people
so
they came long long before white
how the cat hair did white come to exist except as an afterthought?

inquiring minds want to know...

Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 04:01 PM
RE: How do creationists explain black people?
Mormons think black people are being punished for being pacifists before they even existed. Same with everyone other than white people and Native Americans (who are being punished for no apparent reason instead).

If this is true it means that the 'heavenly war of good vs evil' was something which the majority of the spirit world couldn't give a shit about.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 03:54 PM
You would think that an all knowing, all seeing god would have anticipated some of this confusion and, you know, taken steps to avoid it or maybe clear it up after the fact.

Guess not.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
27-05-2011, 03:14 AM

A creationist teacher of mine explained the biodiversity we have now, by saying that Adam and Eve's genes were very diverse.
I'm no expert on the matter, but I think it's kind of hard to have such a biodiversity to get six billion different people out of Noah and his family, whom themselves lived with about a million other people.
So A&E's biodiversity had to be six billion times a million more diverse than the average person's biodiversity these days.
27-05-2011, 10:24 AM
(18-05-2011 04:50 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Follow the lineage, there were 2 white people in the Garden of Eden
How do you know they were white? Besides, the differenced between different races are actually very small.
Quote:But some people think there must be different races of people because there appear to be major differences between various groups, such as skin color and eye shape.

The truth, though, is that these so-called “racial characteristics” are only minor variations among people groups. If one were to take any two people anywhere in the world, scientists have found that the basic genetic differences between these two people would typically be around 0.2 percent—even if they came from the same people group. But these so-called “racial” characteristics that people think are major differences (skin color, eye shape, etc.) “account for only 0.012 percent of human biological variation.”

Dr. Harold Page Freeman, chief executive, president, and director of surgery at North General Hospital in Manhattan, reiterates, “If you ask what percentage of your genes is reflected in your external appearance, the basis by which we talk about race, the answer seems to be in the range of 0.01 percent.”

In other words, the so-called “racial” differences are absolutely trivial— overall, there is more variation within any group than there is between one group and another. If a white person is looking for a tissue match for an organ transplant, for instance, the best match may come from a black person, and vice versa. ABC News claims, “What the facts show is that there are differences among us, but they stem from culture, not race.”
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...rent-races

(18-05-2011 05:06 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Well In the bible for example, you can find the Curse of Ham, which in my opinion is just the justification for racism and slavery towards black people specifically.
There is nothing in the Bible that says the curse was related to race.

(18-05-2011 09:28 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Blacks are believed, by many in the Fundy/Creationist community to have been created as the result of the curse god applied to Cain after he murdered his brother Able.
Where did you come up with this idea? I am a fundamentalist and a creationist and I have never met anbody who believed this. Besides, all of Cain's descendants died in the flood, so there wouldn't be any blacks around today if this were true.

Quote:The best way to really know, is to join a Christian forum and ask.
Another way would be to look at the Answers in Genesis site I linked to above. If you do decide to join a Christian forum this would be a good one:

http://www.christiandoctrinediscussion.com/

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes theophilus's post
27-05-2011, 11:13 AM

Found a document about this issue on PBS.org.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/librar...73_04.html

Enjoy.
29-05-2011, 09:20 AM

(27-05-2011 03:14 AM)Thunderios Wrote:  A creationist teacher of mine explained the biodiversity we have now, by saying that Adam and Eve's genes were very diverse.
I'm no expert on the matter, but I think it's kind of hard to have such a biodiversity to get six billion different people out of Noah and his family, whom themselves lived with about a million other people.
So A&E's biodiversity had to be six billion times a million more diverse than the average person's biodiversity these days.

Individuals do not have "biodiversity", populations do.
29-05-2011, 02:29 PM

(29-05-2011 09:20 AM)Prokofiev Wrote:  
(27-05-2011 03:14 AM)Thunderios Wrote:  A creationist teacher of mine explained the biodiversity we have now, by saying that Adam and Eve's genes were very diverse.

Two people is a population, right?
I get what you mean, though. There's a lot I don't know about evolution, even the basics, apparently (maybe it's the teacher's fault? Yes! Let's blame it on him).

Although it's imaginable to God could have given us quite a biodiversity, if a couple of thousand dogs could be as diverse as they have become today...

EDIT: By the way, am I using wrong terminology, or anything? I don't get why you are using quotation marks on biodiversity...
31-05-2011, 09:00 AM
(29-05-2011 02:29 PM)Thunderios Wrote:  
(29-05-2011 09:20 AM)Prokofiev Wrote:  

Two people is a population, right?

Right. But it's a very small population, and biodiversity is directly related to the number of people in the population. There is only so much diversity you can squeeze out of a two-unit population.

As an illustration, take a population of birds. Each bird is colored red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, or violet. Each color represents a different set of genes.

If you have only two birds, you've only got two sets of genes. It doesn't matter what color either bird is. They might be entirely opposite colors, but if these birds breed, all diversity will vanish in a single generation. The more birds you have, the more sets of genes you have, and the more generations you can go while still remaining diverse.

Two people might technically have diverse genes (because "diverse" simply means "different"), but after one generation of breeding, those diverse genes are mixed together. They're no longer diverse.

You have to have a larger population for true biodiversity. Adam and Eve just don't cut it.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
02-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Biodiversity cannot be stored in one person. Even if they are heterozygous, that is still only two versions of the gene. If you have a population of two, and presuming that they both were heterozygous and each had unique genes to the absolute highest extent, that would still be only four different versions of the gene. There is no way for an individuals to store any more than just two different versions of a gene. Adam and Eve cannot have biodiversity because for biodiversity to exist, you need many different versions of the same genes. Many, many more different versions than just four.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!