Poll: Do you agree?
Yes. Yes
No. No
[Show Results]

How do people make people feel bad by words?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: How do people make people feel bad by words?
(10-04-2013 08:24 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  ...
You, a lover of 薄面皮卷蒜泥白肉 ! You should get a lot of that ! :

Grrrrr! I am offend!

I burn your embassy!

Pistols at dawn, young man. Bring your second!

btw, how is "lover of thin dough Volume Pork with Garlic Sauce" an insult? Is it because I is Jewish?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-04-2013, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 08:24 PM by Lienda Bella.)
By reminding you that most people think the same negative things you always hated hearing about yourself, so they can get respect from their neighbors, and their neighbors can then send you the same things some more till they make sure you believe them.

Like... Gang flame stretched over a long time, kind of.
10-04-2013, 08:07 PM
To answer the OP Title.

Bottom line is you can't make others feel good or bad about words unless they allow it. The other person has to trust you or care about you enough that you can make them feel something.

Thats why the people closest to us hurt us the most. Generally people over the internet not so much. It's more dependent on the relationship with the other party.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
10-04-2013, 08:25 PM
"Allow?" I don't think it's often a choice.
11-04-2013, 01:53 AM
(10-04-2013 08:25 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  "Allow?" I don't think it's often a choice.

That's because your mind is so swift. Try slowing it down with foreign languages. Smile

Want something? Then do something.
11-04-2013, 01:57 AM
(10-04-2013 08:07 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  To answer the OP Title.

Bottom line is you can't make others feel good or bad about words unless they allow it. The other person has to trust you or care about you enough that you can make them feel something.

Thats why the people closest to us hurt us the most. Generally people over the internet not so much. It's more dependent on the relationship with the other party.

There's this saying "You can only lie to those who believe you."

But look at the bright side of the human nature, it's good that people on the internet still tends to believe a strange if their language sounds logic to their own experiences. Otherwise we wouldn't began a conversation like this.

11-04-2013, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 06:14 AM by Chaos.)
(10-04-2013 06:47 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  This is going to be a lot harder than merely words, especially when the body language involves intense elements.

But there's this ancient anecdote of a great general named Han, Xin about 2200 years ago. He was bullied by a thug and was told to crawl through between the thug's legs. This was intense body language. Han, Xin used his great ambition as a reason to terminate the SHOULD process, which meant instinctively fighting back and very likely could cost him his life. He did what he was told to do. The thug let him away. Han, Xin didn't let this thing lingering on his mind for long and went on pursuing his ambitions and later on became a great general.

To sum it up, for body language, similar process but possibly harder due to the bigger impact of the visual input other than the audio input.

Agree that words have a huge impact and being able to see beyond them, we could avoid being too open to suggestions - which are most of the time, not so useful, IMO. For example, a person might lose credibility if doesn't speak the right words, even though the ideas behind them might speak someone's mind. Too bad that I don't remember what kind of bias is this, but a right choice of words could manipulate people very well and it's very effective.

However, there are more factors than just the perception of some words associated with certain experiences.
Education, response to certain stimuli, personality, open-mindedness, grade of suggestibility are also very important.
-----------
A bit offtopic, but I found this interesting to read (about non-verbal communication):
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...n-almost-a

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
11-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Agreed. That's why psychology is so interesting, helping people understand themselves beyond instincts.

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
11-04-2013, 11:37 AM
(11-04-2013 01:53 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 08:25 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  "Allow?" I don't think it's often a choice.

That's because your mind is so swift. Try slowing it down with foreign languages. Smile

Blush Teh. It is not. Other languages look fun, yes. It won't take me too long, if only I stopped being lazy and distracted.
11-04-2013, 11:51 AM
O, sancta simplicitas! O, sancta vanitas!

We can use Latin, right?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."