How do we feel about Antifa?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2017, 02:21 PM
How do we feel about Antifa?
This topic was touched on here and there in the "Censoring white supremacy" thread but I wanted to isolate it and focus on just Antifa. What is it, exactly, and do we approve.

I don't approve, at least of that segment of them that believe they have the right to use force first (obviously you can defend yourself if attacked) because, hey, we're on the side of the good guys and by definition whoever we attack is a fascist, because we're, duh, anti-fascists. Threatening and/or actually using violence to intimidate and shut up those with political differences seems...kinda fascist.

Charlottesville must have been like their best wet dream- actual fascists! But I think we're kidding ourselves if we think these guys are going to be (or have been) real discriminating here about who "the enemy" is. Campus speaker that doesn't hold same political views? Fascist. Local chapter of Republican Party? Fascists, duh. The old guy with the Make America Great hat? Fucking fascist, flip his wheelchair over.

Anybody have great sympathy or admiration for this group or think they are a force for good? Or comments in general.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
26-08-2017, 02:32 PM
RE: How do we feel about Antifa?
I find them ... Consider ... passé. ... Consider ... And pussy. I find them to be passé pussies. I already lived through this shit when I was a kid. This is like the pussy version of that.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Antifa is not a homogenuous group or organisation. Its a big blanket term covering all kind of movements that consider themselves fighting against fascism. They are nothing new here in Ger/EU, dunno about Yankmerica tho. Tongue

If you want to make specific comments, you need to adress a certain group/organisation within the antifa movement, everything else will fail and end in using too broad a brush, or even a completely wrong one.

I think its good to have a (leftist) counterweight to (alt) right groups, a kind of watchdog against fascism, whom we never thought and hoped to have to use, but ..well look at what you yanks have done/elected. Tongue

The part of antifa i am definitely against are the violent ones, (and) the ones who think their violence is legitimate (they reject the state having ultimate authority to use force, with police for example). Physical violence is not acceptable. We would have anarchy in the streets like in Weimar in the 20s. No

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
26-08-2017, 02:38 PM
"Hey, guys! Let's show everyone we hate fascism by dressing up in black masks, waving ideological flags and threatening people with violence!"

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 7 users Like TSG's post
26-08-2017, 02:42 PM
(26-08-2017 02:38 PM)TSG Wrote:  "Hey, guys! Let's show everyone we hate fascism by dressing up in black masks, waving ideological flags and threatening people with violence!"

That'll show em!!!

Hobo

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-08-2017, 02:48 PM
(26-08-2017 02:38 PM)TSG Wrote:  "Hey, guys! Let's show everyone we hate fascism by dressing up in black masks, waving ideological flags and threatening people with violence!"

Zorro?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
26-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Bunch of pussies. Throwing rocks and urine bottles. Destroying property like thugs. Love watching the YouTube videos when they try to fight bikers or veterans and got knocked the fuck out or run.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-08-2017, 02:59 PM
(26-08-2017 02:37 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Antifa is not a homogenuous group or organisation. Its a big blanket term covering all kind of movements that consider themselves fighting against fascism. They are nothing new here in Ger/EU, dunno about Yankmerica tho. Tongue

If you want to make specific comments, you need to adress a certain group/organisation within the antifa movement, everything else will fail and end in using too broad a brush, or even a completely wrong one.

I agree, when I was writing I was trying a couple ways of avoiding the broad brush. I finally settled on " that segment of them that believe they have the right to use force first " but I can see where that might still be too vague. I don't know anything about the particular smaller groups, but interestingly, you're always going to get defined by your most vocal and violent members (or infiltrators!).
[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
26-08-2017, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2017 03:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
Here's the thing, the Weatherman never really went away. After the Weather Underground fiasco, the Weatherman well, went underground - they got married, raised 2-4 kids, put up a white picket fence around a little box on the hillside made of ticky tacky and hoped society would never require the public display of that level of rage again to just do what is called for by basic common human decency. There is good reason to be worried about radical elements on the left, the old hippies have already done this before and now they're old enough to just not give a shit. Those fuckers ain't LDH and his gang of Al Bundy Band of Misfit Wannabe Bandits occupying a bird sanctuary and dressing up in camo and pointing sniper rifles at federal agents defending our common property for facebook photos, ...

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-08-2017, 03:04 PM
(26-08-2017 02:48 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

Zorro?

Superheroes don't count. Too fictional.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post