How do we feel about Antifa?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: How do we feel about Antifa?
I have not read this entire thread. I have read most of it but not enough to understand all of the comments.

I must however suggest that thinking of the Antifa as a congruent and consistent organization is not correct. I believe a similar comment was made way above.

Also I will suggest that the far right and some of their cohorts have been inboldened by recent electoral successes.

One of the things that has occurred because of this felling of power is a willingness by the far right to actively provoke some of their opponents.

This provocation has prompted some to react violently. Sometimes against things rather than others.

Violence will beget (sorry could not resist) violence. If I may quote 45 "all sides". There is a fundamental difference. The far right is all for violence it suits their needs. The left, particularly the far left, is as usual conflicted about how to act. Some have decided that violence may be useful.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like JAH's post
06-09-2017, 01:09 PM

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
06-09-2017, 01:30 PM
I listened to that crock of shit for as long as I could, why does the right have to appoint so many smarmy sounding shits as spokes people. I suppose by sounding like you are a know it all you can get by with spewing garbage and be believed. The fact that agents of this particular government think labeling Antifa as terrorist is not at all surprising. What is surprising is the groups that are no so labeled.
06-09-2017, 08:29 PM
(06-09-2017 01:30 PM)JAH Wrote:  I listened to that crock of shit for as long as I could,
Well ...at the risk of sounding rude, perhaps you should have watched the whole thing and done some research so you could have some idea what the hell you are talking about. Here I'll elaborate:

(06-09-2017 01:30 PM)JAH Wrote:  why does the right have to appoint so many smarmy sounding shits as spokes people.
1.) Both sides have a great deal of smarmy cuntish people, unless you want to pretend that Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow and exactly everyone that's ever been involved with the Young Turks don't exist. Smarmy assholes is not an exclusively right wing issue.
2.) I seriously have to ask you what in what way was he smarmy? He reported facts (more on that in a sec) and gave his opinion in an even and non-accusatory way.
3.) He's not even on the right for shit sake lol. Up until last year he was a registered Democrat and only broke with the party after they refused to denounce political violence targeted at Trump supporters during the primary. While he refers to himself as "politically homeless" his position on most issues is left leaning and he is very much a liberal.

(06-09-2017 01:30 PM)JAH Wrote:  I suppose by sounding like you are a know it all you can get by with spewing garbage and be believed.
His entire video is sourced from liberal and left leaning publications, all his sources are in the video description, and by the way you provided no bloody refutation or rebuttal just a bunch of spewing of your own.

He's a liberal commentator using sources from liberal publications yet, and I'm sorry to say this, you're so politically uniformed you label him as right wing and full of shit. Now by all means if you think he's wrong go ahead and show how his sources are wrong, I'll happily debate that.

(06-09-2017 01:30 PM)JAH Wrote:  The fact that agents of this particular government think labeling Antifa as terrorist is not at all surprising.
For starters the investigation into Antifa started over a year and a half ago, under Obama's administration so no your little attempted narrative doesn't hold water. Secondly it should be no surprise that they are up for designation as a domestic terrorist organization because they fit the exact description of a domestic terror organization.

(06-09-2017 01:30 PM)JAH Wrote:  What is surprising is the groups that are no so labeled.
I'm happy to have a decision on that topic as well, but before we do I'm gonna point out that pretending our sides (liberal/left) shit heels aren't an issue and just pointing to the other side as if their are the only ones producing violent extremists is immature, shortsighted, and unlikely to solve anything.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
07-09-2017, 05:03 AM
I stand so throughly and completely corrected. My apologies.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
07-09-2017, 06:19 AM
Antifa=Anti fascism. Equating them to Neo Nazis whom are real terrorists would be like equating the French resistance fighting Nazis terrorists. There is no equal going on here. There are sickos trying to destroy pluralism and those standing up for pluralism by defending pluralism.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2017, 08:32 AM
(07-09-2017 06:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Antifa=Anti fascism. Equating them to Neo Nazis whom are real terrorists would be like equating the French resistance fighting Nazis terrorists. There is no equal going on here. There are sickos trying to destroy pluralism and those standing up for pluralism by defending pluralism.

I have not seen anyone on this thread claiming the sides were equal. So unless you can point that out, arguing "there is no equal going on here" is just a straw man.

You seem to be arguing that the ends justify the means, but then again, I think you probably would be a member of antifa if you could be (or perhaps you already are).
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
07-09-2017, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2017 10:59 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(07-09-2017 06:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Antifa=Anti fascism. Equating them to Neo Nazis whom are real terrorists would be like equating the French resistance fighting Nazis terrorists. There is no equal going on here. There are sickos trying to destroy pluralism and those standing up for pluralism by defending pluralism.

Ya OK sure, don't read a bloody thing posted for the last 5 pages. *sigh* It's like herding cats with you and your inability to comprehend any issue outside of strictly binary black and white terms.

You can call yourself anti fascist till you're blue in the face, but if your actions don't match your label your label is wrong. If they are strictly anti-fascist why are they showing up to rally's (and cancelled rallys) where there are no goddamn fascists and instigating violence against journalists and liberals?

The distinction has to be made between people standing up for pluralism, which you can ABSOLUTELY do without resorting to the instigation of violence, and those who what to use violence to stifle political speech or dissent as if it's a legitimate tool. Being alright with violence if it's used against people you don't like makes you an person immoral.

AntiFa has multiple times clearly and flagrantly disregarded the law, brought banned weapons to rallies, attacked police, attacked journos, attacked liberals that don't agree with their tactics, and attacked people who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you are fine with all that because they claim to be against fascism (attacking members of the free press is about as fascist as you can be btw) than your immoral.

I mean just think about ti tactically for shit sake. If we on the left don't stamp this shit out and pull it up by the root it WILL be an election issue, especially if it is designated a domestic terrorist organization. We can all point at that twat Trump and talk about he "didn't condemn white nationalists" and they can turn around and point to the fact that prominent members of the democratic party and the left actively supported and approved of a domestic terrorist organization. That will be fucking ruinous for years to come, the left NEEDS to get it's house in order or we are fucked.

The fact that two sides are not equal don't mean the unequal side has a blank check to violate the fucking law however and whenever it feels like doing so Brian.

[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
07-09-2017, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2017 01:08 PM by TrainWreck.)
(26-08-2017 03:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Here's the thing, the Weatherman never really went away. After the Weather Underground fiasco, the Weatherman well, went underground - they got married, raised 2-4 kids, put up a white picket fence around a little box on the hillside made of ticky tacky and hoped society would never require the public display of that level of rage again to just do what is called for by basic common human decency. There is good reason to be worried about radical elements on the left, the old hippies have already done this before and now they're old enough to just not give a shit. Those fuckers ain't LDH and his gang of Al Bundy Band of Misfit Wannabe Bandits occupying a bird sanctuary and dressing up in camo and pointing sniper rifles at federal agents defending our common property for facebook photos, ...
So, they harbor revolution. They recognize that the government is perpetually erroneous???

The difference being the actual generation of more people enabling the ability to activate larger protests - that has been met by improved security forces.

Ultimately, they, and probably, most atheists, want a change in the American government that eliminates definable thinking that is detrimental to the vision you have for America - right???

We like how the government is organized by the constitution, but we do not like how it allows for the stupid people to be represented, and the only way to eliminate them from the republic government is by . . .

Reasoning???

What? What is the solution?

Obviously, we need a new charter system that does a better job of employing representation that is reasonable, or at least, the presidential election.

I don't know why they would have a better choice with Hillary. They would probably want Sanders - right???

Is Hillary speaking out against AntiFa, or is she counting on Sander's physical demise.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
07-09-2017, 12:53 PM
(07-09-2017 10:33 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Ya OK sure, don't read a bloody thing posted for the last 5 pages. *sigh* It's like herding cats with you and your inability to comprehend any issue outside of strictly binary black and white terms.

You are damn straight - that's how science works.

It does not have fuzzy boundaries - it has precise demarcations of facts.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool