How do we feel about Antifa?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2017, 02:26 PM
RE: How do we feel about Antifa?
(27-08-2017 01:57 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  It isn't a matter of sympathy or glorifying what they do. To me it is no different than some blacks taking an MLK approach and others taking a Malcolm X approach during segregation.

I think in that example the average African American really was dealing with legit racism and discrimination and while I'm wouldn't be crazy about defining the white authorities of that time as "fascist" I get what you mean, the shoe fits close enough. True progress came from MLK who made a lot of white Americans ashamed of themselves but I think Malcolm X also played an important role by being the yang to MLK's yin. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way, white America."

Quote: Sure you would prefer non violence, but it still does not take away from the fact that the other side are the fascists. Point being get angry at the right people don't equate the two sides as being equal even if you don't like the reaction of some on the left.

If the "other side" is childishly simple to identify, then I'm closer to agreeing with you. My whole point is that antifa childishly identifies "the other side" as whoever they want. We disagree with your views? You're a fascist...'cause we're anti-fascist. In your POV, to take my examples, are the following the fascist "other side"?:

Jerry mentioned: "Campus speaker that doesn't hold same political views? Fascist. Local chapter of Republican Party? Fascists, duh. The old guy with the Make America Great hat? Fucking fascist, flip his wheelchair over."

I hope you say no to these, Brian, it might help ease your growing rep as a fanatic. A fanatic knows no subtlety.

Quote:Yes, I would prefer non violence but the sickos who showed up to Charlottesville shouting "faggot" and "We will not be replaced by Jews" only to have the next day the KKK and Nazis show up with weapons of war, was not a matter of peaceful protect or protecting free speech, it was an act of intimidation and for them to claim it was not is absurd. Those sickos didn't need to show up with weapons of war to speak their mind, that is what the police were there to do.

I tried to specify that Charlottesville was the ideal situation for an anti-fascist. Unfortunately, every fascist isn't going to show up at an event wearing a white hood, a swastika armband, and a bullhorn yelling "I'm a fascist." Even then, if they have a permit and don't strike first, do you believe antifa has the right to physically assault them? (Don't get sidetracked by who started the violence in the particular case of Charlottesville, I'm willing to concede most of the physicality started with the Alt right guys, putting them in the wrong and deserving of arrest)

Quote:Unfortunately there is a man occupying the White House...

Got it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2017, 12:36 PM
(26-08-2017 02:21 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  This topic was touched on here and there in the "Censoring white supremacy" thread but I wanted to isolate it and focus on just Antifa. What is it, exactly, and do we approve.

I don't approve, at least of that segment of them that believe they have the right to use force first (obviously you can defend yourself if attacked) because, hey, we're on the side of the good guys and by definition whoever we attack is a fascist, because we're, duh, anti-fascists. Threatening and/or actually using violence to intimidate and shut up those with political differences seems...kinda fascist.

Charlottesville must have been like their best wet dream- actual fascists! But I think we're kidding ourselves if we think these guys are going to be (or have been) real discriminating here about who "the enemy" is. Campus speaker that doesn't hold same political views? Fascist. Local chapter of Republican Party? Fascists, duh. The old guy with the Make America Great hat? Fucking fascist, flip his wheelchair over.

Anybody have great sympathy or admiration for this group or think they are a force for good? Or comments in general.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on Antifa--just another side of the same coin. I might have sympathy for the cause they "claim" they are fighting for, but I have no sympathies for these groups or their tactics.

[Image: paulk2017-08-22_5-07-27.png]
[+] 4 users Like BryanS's post
28-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Pretty much I see all of these groups as gangs using the confusion of large protests to fight their wars. KKK, Nazis, Communists, Anarchists, all of them. If they are armed and show up at protests to fight, they are nothing but street gangs.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
28-08-2017, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2017 01:01 PM by BikerDude.)
I find it a bit odd that some group needs to identify as "anti fascist".
I would think that like 99% of all people are anti fascist.
We shouldn't need a group.
That's the first red flag for me.
And if the history of direct opposition to fascism has any relevance then typically the cure is not much better than the disease.
In the past it's usually communist groups.
Let's hope the widening of the political spectrum from Bernie to Trump doesn't portend the solidifying of extreme far left and right factions.
I guess we are already part way there.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
28-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Actually, if I recall correctly, I think that violent far-left extremists like the Spartacist League in the Weimar Republic actually kind of opened the door for far-right parties to radicalize and come in to 'defend' the country. 3 guesses what the biggest far-right party was in that instance...

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
28-08-2017, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2017 01:34 PM by BikerDude.)
(28-08-2017 01:10 PM)TSG Wrote:  Actually, if I recall correctly, I think that violent far-left extremists like the Spartacist League in the Weimar Republic actually kind of opened the door for far-right parties to radicalize and come in to 'defend' the country. 3 guesses what the biggest far-right party was in that instance...

Every storm is fueled by hot and cold air colliding.
Once it gets up and spinning it takes on a life of it's own and choosing sides becomes mandatory.
How apocalyptic.

Quote:I know your deeds; you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other. So because you are lukewarm — neither hot nor cold — I am about to spit you out of My mouth! You say, ‘I am rich; I have grown wealthy and need nothing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked.…
If I were a theist I would say these days portend the end times.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
28-08-2017, 01:40 PM
(26-08-2017 02:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Bunch of pussies. Throwing rocks and urine bottles. Destroying property like thugs. Love watching the YouTube videos when they try to fight bikers or veterans and got knocked the fuck out or run.

Yeah, that's about what one would expect from a nazi fucktard like you.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
28-08-2017, 01:48 PM
(28-08-2017 01:25 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  If I were a theist I would say these days portend the end times.

To be fair theists have been saying that the times portend the apocalypse for millennia. "There will be wars and rumours of wars..." Real creative prophesying, guys!

(28-08-2017 01:40 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Yeah, that's about what one would expect from a nazi fucktard like you.

Gasp I'm sorry, but are Nazis well known for not approving of throwing rocks and urine bottles?

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
28-08-2017, 02:00 PM
(28-08-2017 12:36 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Pretty much sums up my thoughts on Antifa--just another side of the same coin. I might have sympathy for the cause they "claim" they are fighting for, but I have no sympathies for these groups or their tactics.

[Image: paulk2017-08-22_5-07-27.png]

My thoughts exactly. The tactics they use and the way in which they identify their enemies is no different from all of the other terrorist groups that claim their way is the only way. If you don't agree, then you don't deserve to live. Sounds an awful lot like many religions at one point or another.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
[+] 2 users Like reeveseb's post
28-08-2017, 11:56 PM
If all it takes for you to be OK with the use of violence, if all it takes for you to raise your voice in defense of those who would use violence, if all it takes is that the violence is directed at the people you don't like than congratulations you're a fuckin' cunt.

Nothing but a bunch of bloody monsters fighting monsters and begetting ever more gruesome monsters.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.