How do we feel about Antifa?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 06:49 PM
RE: How do we feel about Antifa?
I'm amazed no one has had anything to say on this matter given the shit that went down at Berkley on the weekend. :/

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Occurred to me as well but based on the thread no one has defended them so...I think no one was surprised by what happened at Berkley.
01-09-2017, 07:06 PM
(28-08-2017 12:57 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  I find it a bit odd that some group needs to identify as "anti fascist".
I would think that like 99% of all people are anti fascist.
We shouldn't need a group.
That's the first red flag for me.

I think the point is to call whomever opposes you a fascist in a perverse Aristotelian sort of way. At least that's my read on these sorta things.

(28-08-2017 12:57 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  And if the history of direct opposition to fascism has any relevance then typically the cure is not much better than the disease.

QFT.

(28-08-2017 12:57 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Let's hope the widening of the political spectrum from Bernie to Trump doesn't portend the solidifying of extreme far left and right factions.
I guess we are already part way there.

Trump is malleable and has no political ideology, if he thinks Democrats can help him reverse his poll numbers he'll dump the GOP, as long as he can be sure it doesn't alienate his base at the same time. I think he can do it. I think he can shoot a guy in the middle of Fifth Avenue and his base will let him get away with it. Convincing them that it was really his idea and not the Democrats and they were bending to his will would be a piece of cake.

#sigh
01-09-2017, 07:13 PM
I did have some loose ends hanging with Brian37 (not BrianS!) I would be interested if he tied up. He probably didn't see them as this forum moves quick quick quick.
01-09-2017, 07:17 PM
(01-09-2017 07:13 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I did have some loose ends hanging with Brian37 (not BrianS!) I would be interested if he tied up. He probably didn't see them as this forum moves quick quick quick.

Dude's better looking than Britney. No homo.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Girly when I sober up tomorrow morning I have no doubt that will make sense to me...(but somehow I doubt it!) Unsure
01-09-2017, 07:24 PM
(01-09-2017 07:22 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Girly when I sober up tomorrow morning I have no doubt that will make sense to me...(but somehow I doubt it!) Unsure

When you wake up tomorrow and see that you asked Brian37 to come back tie up some loose ends, then it will make sense to you.

#sigh
01-09-2017, 07:26 PM
(01-09-2017 06:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I'm amazed no one has had anything to say on this matter given the shit that went down at Berkley on the weekend. :/

Link?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-09-2017, 07:33 PM
(01-09-2017 07:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 07:22 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Girly when I sober up tomorrow morning I have no doubt that will make sense to me...(but somehow I doubt it!) Unsure

When you wake up tomorrow and see that you asked Brian37 to come back tie up some loose ends, then it will make sense to you.

Ok I get it now but I don't agree. Dude's passionate, that's all!
01-09-2017, 07:34 PM
(01-09-2017 06:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I'm amazed no one has had anything to say on this matter given the shit that went down at Berkley on the weekend. :/

Can you point me to an article about it...that doesn't spend paragraphs discussing what was eaten for breakfast and how balmy the weather was?

It's becoming annoying. I want to read the news, but every writer these days seems to bent on telling me a long-winded story...like they're writing the first chapter in what will certainly be a Pulitzer Prize story.

I really really miss the days of the who, what, where, when, how and why...

It's like tv. I want to be told what happened, not be told what I should think about it or watch a three minute shouting match (debate) about it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post