How do we feel about Antifa?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 07:36 PM
RE: How do we feel about Antifa?
(01-09-2017 07:26 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 06:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I'm amazed no one has had anything to say on this matter given the shit that went down at Berkley on the weekend. :/

Link?

Don't know if this is the best one, but interesting and hits (so to speak) the topic.
A beating.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Moms just saw your last post, the one I linked probably does have a bit more background stuff than you would like to see. Just skip ahead to the video in the middle of the article if that helps. The rest is interesting though.
01-09-2017, 07:48 PM
(01-09-2017 07:38 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Moms just saw your last post, the one I linked probably does have a bit more background stuff than you would like to see. Just skip ahead to the video in the middle of the article if that helps. The rest is interesting though.

That's the article I found and led to my rant.

It's just something I find deeply annoying as we've moved further away from print media to the endless storage of the internet. I didn't watch the video because I'm busy with other things.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-09-2017, 07:51 PM
(01-09-2017 07:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's becoming annoying. I want to read the news, but every writer these days seems to bent on telling me a long-winded story...like they're writing the first chapter in what will certainly be a Pulitzer Prize story.

I really really miss the days of the who, what, where, when, how and why...

I agree. More often than not, I give up reading because the writer doesn't get to the point immediately. Apparently everyone wants to be an editorial writer.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
01-09-2017, 07:56 PM
(01-09-2017 07:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 07:38 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Moms just saw your last post, the one I linked probably does have a bit more background stuff than you would like to see. Just skip ahead to the video in the middle of the article if that helps. The rest is interesting though.

That's the article I found and led to my rant.

It's just something I find deeply annoying as we've moved further away from print media to the endless storage of the internet. I didn't watch the video because I'm busy with other things.

Jeez, sorry. Another try.
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
01-09-2017, 08:18 PM
I don't know enough about them to make a conclusion.

01-09-2017, 08:20 PM
(01-09-2017 07:33 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 07:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  When you wake up tomorrow and see that you asked Brian37 to come back tie up some loose ends, then it will make sense to you.

Ok I get it now but I don't agree. Dude's passionate, that's all!

I'm not saying I don't like him, I do like him. Smile

#sigh
01-09-2017, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 09:18 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-09-2017 07:56 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 07:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's the article I found and led to my rant.

Jeez, sorry. Another try.

They tell me that "Black bloc tactics are used by "antifascist action" or "antifa" protesters. Here's what that means." but never told me what that means. Is it the sum total of the article? 'cause there's nothing particularly novel about their tactics that warrants them getting credit for them. Now I gotta go look up "black bloc tactics", fuck you WaPo. ... google google google ...

"When we smash a window, we aim to destroy the thin veneer of legitimacy that surrounds private property rights … After N30 [30 November], many people will never see a shop window or a hammer the same way again. The potential uses of an entire cityscape have increased a thousand-fold. The number of broken windows pales in comparison to the number of spells—spells cast by a corporate hegemony to lull us into forgetfulness of all the violence committed in the name of private property rights and of all the potential of a society without them. Broken windows can be boarded and eventually replaced, but the shattering of assumptions will hopefully persist for some time to come." —  ACME Collective, quoted in Paris (2003) ... I see. ... Consider ... well that's certainly going full retard Jesus on the money changing monkeys in the Temple, that's for sure. And that the Germans came up with it as a response to indications of a potential neo-Nazi, shall we say societal "tolerance", is no surprise. Germans are a bunch of efficient fuckers, they can't help it, it's bred into them at this point. If a bunch of disgruntled Germans asked me what I would do in response to the shitstorm in the world, and I answered "What would Jesus do?", I would expect them to work out the math and come up with something like that. And they could produce the derivation of it back to the fundamental tenets of Jesus. There are, I think, less disruptive and more constructive ways of promoting the prophet, but that is something Jesus would do, because they say that is something Jesus did do. I haz de prufz. Big Grin

#sigh
01-09-2017, 09:02 PM
(01-09-2017 07:51 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 07:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's becoming annoying. I want to read the news, but every writer these days seems to bent on telling me a long-winded story...like they're writing the first chapter in what will certainly be a Pulitzer Prize story.

I really really miss the days of the who, what, where, when, how and why...

I agree. More often than not, I give up reading because the writer doesn't get to the point immediately. Apparently everyone wants to be an editorial writer.

There's something to be said, I think, for long-form "you are there" journalism. Granted, it's not the same thing as long form investigative journalism, where they gather different points of view, as in the Atlantic or at times the New Yorker. This is one point of view. You still have to account for bias and the article would be different if it was a reporter spending a lot of time with an antifa person and getting to know their life and history and then following them into a rally and trying to get their perspective for why it's perfectly justifiable to punch, kick, or pepper spray someone with their hands up protesting peacefully. But the link I provided wasn't just mindless editorializing, you are two members I would not think would misunderstand the kind of journalism my first link had, I assume you just kind of blew it off.
01-09-2017, 09:03 PM
(01-09-2017 08:18 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I don't know enough about them to make a conclusion.

It shouldn't take long to figure it out unless your moral compass is really fucked up. We'll wait.
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post