How do we feel about Antifa?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: How do we feel about Antifa?
(01-09-2017 08:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I never liked a single Zevon song except Werewolves, which is probably my favorite song of all!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2017, 09:23 PM
(01-09-2017 09:07 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 08:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I never liked a single Zevon song except Werewolves, which is probably my favorite song of all!

This is the one you need to have at the ready. I think this is how Donald Trump Jr. feels right about now. How was he to know she was with the Russians too?

#sigh
01-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Ahhhh the weird nature of music. It has to grow on you, I guess. Just not feelin' it but if I listened to it (was forced to) thirty more times I might think it was the greatest song ever. And don't post the Machine Gun song (or whatever) next.
01-09-2017, 09:35 PM
(01-09-2017 09:30 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Ahhhh the weird nature of music. It has to grow on you, I guess. Just not feelin' it but if I listened to it (was forced to) thirty more times I might think it was the greatest song ever. And don't post the Machine Gun song (or whatever) next.

fuck. okay I won't.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Here, this:

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
01-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Sorry for not posting a link folks. That was uncharacteristically sloppy of me and I don't know what I was thinking. That said it's hard to find good links as most outlets on the left have ignored it entirely or reported so disgustingly biased and the ones on the right are inflammatory tot he point it's hard to separate a lot of fact from fiction. The link Jerry gave in #55 is good enough...though it's bias is painfully obvious, and a thank you to you mate doin' my job for me haha

Basically there was supposed to be an anti-Marxist rally which was falsely labeled on social media as a "White supremacist and Alt-right" rally. The rally was canceled after receiving threats from left leaning group BAMN (an organizer of which by the name of Yvette Felarca was arrested on assault, participating in a riot, and instigating a riot earlier this year). Members of Antifa and BAMN mixed in with people who were there to peacefully protest (an event that didn't happen) and proceeded to instigate violence on the few people for the rally that still showed up, as well as random people passing by, assaulted multiple journalists as well as stole or attempted to steal and destroy their cameras, as well as assaulting cops who did almost nothing to prevent the violence, as they were ordered to stand down and let Antifa have the area, a move that is deeply troubling to me on a great many levels.

That's the who what and the where of for the most part, but a few things I want to add that are related and upset me personally so feel no obligation to keep reading as it's mostly just shit I can't stand lol

This shit is depressing. You have politicians outright lying and trying to shut down peoples right to free speech, peaceful rally attendees with their hands above their heads being assaulted without provocation or just cause even when they cancel the "offending" rally, multiple journos are being targeted (even when they are on the same side), people are defying the police prohibition of weapons and facing no consequences, and the rule of law seems entirely absent. Political discourse is so toxic that the type of shirt you wear is enough to be assaulted and robbed, you either stand with with AntiFa or they will consider ANYONE a Nazi white supremacist including transgender female speakers, African-Americans, or Latinos.

Personally and you can all debate me if ya like, but as far as I'm concerned these mask wearing weapon wielding cunts should be classified as domestic terrorists and be arrested and tried as such. If we on the left continue to both turn a blind eye, or in some cases openly support, these cunts we are ceding our rights to a just and civil society. We are all to busy in the meme factory running headlines making a big deal about the POTUS squinting at the sun to make the effort though it seems. If we don't nip this shit in bud right now it's gonna haunt us for a generation or more politically.

What he fuck happened to the old Liberal mindset of "I disagree with what you say but I'll defend to the death for your right to say it"? This shit is depressing.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
02-09-2017, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2017 02:31 AM by Deesse23.)
(01-09-2017 08:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They tell me that "Black bloc tactics are used by "antifascist action" or "antifa" protesters. Here's what that means." but never told me what that means. Is it the sum total of the article? 'cause there's nothing particularly novel about their tactics that warrants them getting credit for them. Now I gotta go look up "black bloc tactics", fuck you WaPo. ... google google google ...

And that the Germans came up with it as a response to indications of a potential neo-Nazi, shall we say societal "tolerance", is no surprise.
Am i condensing this correctly down to "black block tactics were invented by Germans as a response to indications of a potential neo-Nazi, shall we say societal "tolerance"?

Then you are wrong, very wrong.

Black block tatctics were invented to counter police tactics, who were getting tougher on protesters as protests in general were becoming more and more violent and uncontrollable in the 70s and 80s. The goal was to be uniform in appearance and so be unidentifiable when committing crimes, yes i say crimes. I will elaborate in my next post, referring to Whiskey.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
02-09-2017, 02:20 AM
(01-09-2017 11:55 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Personally and you can all debate me if ya like, but as far as I'm concerned these mask wearing weapon wielding cunts should be classified as domestic terrorists and be arrested and tried as such. If we on the left continue to both turn a blind eye, or in some cases openly support, these cunts we are ceding our rights to a just and civil society. We are all to busy in the meme factory running headlines making a big deal about the POTUS squinting at the sun to make the effort though it seems. If we don't nip this shit in bud right now it's gonna haunt us for a generation or more politically.

What he fuck happened to the old Liberal mindset of "I disagree with what you say but I'll defend to the death for your right to say it"? This shit is depressing.

This!

Listen to the wise words of this wise man!

TL;DR version: you need to separate out the violent fucks form the other people who are just using their constitutinal right to protest, many of whom are violent for violences sake. otherwise things can easily get out of control and go into a spiral...i dont even wanna think about what it possibly will look like in a country where so many people are armed to the teeth. Shocking Gasp

It was these kinda cunts who popped up starting in the 70s, who made any peaceful protest impossible. Wackersdorf, Gorleben, Brokdorf, Startbahn West are legendary events here. Anybody who was alive in the 70s in Germany can remember this. These violent fucks turned any peaceful protest into a major riot, almost like civil war. Make no mistake, they have no respect, as Girly already quoted from Wiki, they have no respect for property, particularly not the propery of other people. I dont know how many cars, even police cars, were burnt down during those riots and how many shops on the way destroyed. They ruined the lives of many people who had nothing to with anything. Be sure tho, once you will smash their mobile phone or put a stain on their brand new black shirt (or pants) they will be all bitchy and whiny about their property. It is my firm opinion that the people joining such groups are out for violence, the cause doesnt matter in the end. They just as well could have ended up in a completely different group. And they are cowards too, otherwise they wouldt wear masks. If they like violence they could join armed forces too, but they dont. They like to dress up and hide their indetity, then go and damage other peoples property and attack them physically. In Germany they had absolutely no remorse attacking police who just stood there and tried to be a "fleet in being". Of course things spiraled out of control, since policemen are people too (and their leaders are under political pressure and are getting nervous, or are just plain incompetent), so once you have enough bricks thrown at you, you start to charge these fucks (and maybe some peaceful protesters too, but at this point its already getting out of control, which in return...i guess you get my point.

Just to give you an impression what you can expect, i googled Wackersdorf and the other events. Heres the result:
[Image: img21_02.gif]
[Image: brokdorf.jpg]
[Image: 779x467.jpg]
[Image: 20150529_akw-brokdorf_thumbnail.jpg]

And here is the 2007 upgrade. Same cowards, different cobblestones.
[Image: 135467-3x2-original.jpg?1D810]
[Image: p2079477032-3.jpg]
[Image: 560731_cms2image-frame-960x640_1pvXtG_oyuwBz.jpg]

Who and what was lost in all of this? The majority of peaceful protesters and the cause they wanted to present by using their constitutional right to assemble freely and peacefully. Because, like so often, the violent fucks were just a small minority, but all that was visible in the press and media.

The guy (or woman? Man this was hard to make out back then in the 80s Laugh out load ) is smiling since he is well aware of the fact that he will be carried away by police, his personal data will be taken and he will be released, since he is blocking a public train, and he is not resisting. He made his point by blocking the train track. The police in return treated these people with respect knowing they were peaceful. Things were usually very friendly. Everybody is just doing his job here, the protester and the police. Thumbsup
[Image: sitzblockadecastor100_v-contentgross.jpg]

These days i am feeling like being in a constant fucking deja vu. We had nazis here decades ago...you get nazis. We hade insane rulers here...you get insane rulers. Domestic terrorism and streetfights destroying our country once, and almost a second time (riots in the 70s and 80s were really, really, nasty and combined with the organized domestic terrorists of the RAF they almost tore apart this country). I am wondering if Germany wasnt particularly stupid way back then, but just "way ahead of its time". Weeping Facepalm

Okok, i grant you the streetfights, the 60s werent a childs play too over there. Confused

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
02-09-2017, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2017 03:10 AM by GirlyMan.)
(01-09-2017 11:55 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Basically there was supposed to be an anti-Marxist rally which was falsely labeled on social media as a "White supremacist and Alt-right" rally.

What is the difference between those? What does an anti-Marxist who is not also a white supremacist look like in the USA. I mean other than Ann Coulter. Wait, no she's a racist. Lemme think. Who would be politically active enough to walk in support of an anti-Marxist agenda in the face of all the shitstorm that's flying about? Seriously, who?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-09-2017, 03:16 AM
(02-09-2017 02:20 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The guy (or woman? Man this was hard to make out back then in the 80s Laugh out load ) is smiling since he is well aware of the fact that he will be carried away by police, his personal data will be taken and he will be released, since he is blocking a public train, and he is not resisting. He made his point by blocking the train track. The police in return treated these people with respect knowing they were peaceful.

What if Grampa and Gramma misjudged the train time schedule, shit could've gone ugly. Smile

#sigh