How do you browse the boards?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2011, 03:35 AM
How do you browse the boards?
My normal routine is to click on the link and check out the today's posts but I feel like I miss a lot more that is said around here. So I have tried going from forum to forum and checking out the discussions. But to be honest sometimes I just do not have the time for that.

So....when you first visit the boards what do you do? Do you have some sort of routine to stay on top of things?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2011, 12:02 PM
RE: How do you browse the boards?
I usually open everything into tabs , read them and leave those that I'll reply to hanging around. I sometimes forget to refresh the threads that I'm going to reply to, so when they're just floating around for an hour or two, somebody else has already wrote what I was supposed to write or the discussion has progressed alot, so I delete my message and start again/go watch telly.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
01-03-2011, 04:18 PM

Randomly depending on what I want to look at and what catches my attention
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2011, 04:50 PM
I prefer to single out those who I agree with and share the same opinions and then ONLY read their posts. I call it the Theistic browsing technique.

(That was a joke)

Seriously, just figure out which boards interest you most (I have never been inside the Science, Literature or World News sections... not that I don't enjoy those things, but I don't like talking about general things on an atheist specific board.

And you do know how to work the colored circles in front of each forum right? Easy as that.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
01-03-2011, 10:45 PM

I do it with a computer.

But that's just me.
01-03-2011, 10:57 PM

I check out the following areas regularly:

The Casual Coffeehouse
Atheism and Theism
Health and Psychology (I requested that area) Tongue
and if I'm bored, other ones in "the Heavy stuff"

the first thing I do when I log on is click on 'User CP' then 'Subscribed Threads' to see replies to threads that I have posted in or am interested in.
02-03-2011, 04:41 AM
I usually click on all the forums with the new symbol lit up, then look to see what threads are new/have new material. From there I usually judge the thread by its title. Tongue If it interests me, I check to see how deep into the conversation everyone is. If it's more than 2 pages without me involved, I tend to not get involved unless I really feel I have something to say. If it's less than 2, I read the posts and post if I feel I have a little to contribute. I usually don't have much to contribute. Tongue Thus my date of joining and my post count, I suppose. xD

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2011, 05:28 AM

I was going to say that I read them left to right, but then... Oh shit well I guess I just did... nevermind.
02-03-2011, 06:46 AM
I start with the button to the left of "view today's posts". It says "view new posts" and helps me see where the action is or has been.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I have subscriptions to everything I post/reply to, so I read all of those first, then just browse around for new things.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink