How do you choose a religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: How do you choose a religion?
^That what I liked about Catholic church, the afterparty with coffee, orange juice, and donuts.

One time a friend dragged me to christian korean church only for food, which was delicious. I had no fucking idea what the sermon was about, though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
16-05-2013, 07:31 PM
I do enjoy bingo. Best part of being catholic...

But damn some people took it waaaaay too seriously.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-05-2013, 07:37 PM
(16-05-2013 07:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I do enjoy bingo. Best part of being catholic...

But damn some people took it waaaaay too seriously.

[Image: 13168.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
16-05-2013, 07:44 PM
I'd always get stuck next to the old lady, deaf a door nail, with a troll doll and 10 cards and couldn't follow the game..

"what?! I thought we were playing 4 corners?"

Other side is the serious dude with 20 cards scoffing at my ONE card...cigarette lightr waiving has each time a number was called because he waved his hands when he won that ham back in '80.

Its a fun place for a shy, people watching girl, such as myself. Smile

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

16-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Sit down, put your feet up, close your eyes, and listen to yourself breathing.

When we stop chasing things and pursuing ideas, and just be, that's when we discover ourselves, which is finding god.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
17-05-2013, 01:06 AM
(16-05-2013 07:53 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Sit down, put your feet up, close your eyes, and listen to yourself breathing.

When we stop chasing things and pursuing ideas, and just be, that's when we discover ourselves, which is finding god.

As nice as it was of you to respond, you've not really answered my op in a meaningful way. you might feel that you have a relationship with god, but how do you reconcile that god with that of a particular religion??
17-05-2013, 05:33 AM
(17-05-2013 01:06 AM)Blasphemous Ben Wrote:  
(16-05-2013 07:53 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Sit down, put your feet up, close your eyes, and listen to yourself breathing.

As nice as it was of you to respond, you've not really answered my op in a meaningful way. you might feel that you have a relationship with god, but how do you reconcile that god with that of a particular religion??

N00b. Tongue

I didn't choose a religion, I made one. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-05-2013, 06:18 AM
(17-05-2013 05:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(17-05-2013 01:06 AM)Blasphemous Ben Wrote:  As nice as it was of you to respond, you've not really answered my op in a meaningful way. you might feel that you have a relationship with god, but how do you reconcile that god with that of a particular religion??

N00b. Tongue

I didn't choose a religion, I made one. Thumbsup

I take it Mark isn't religious.....
17-05-2013, 06:35 AM
You're right about that.

Even writing a book against Christ he is.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-05-2013, 06:50 AM
I don't get choosing a religion. I understand the traditions you are born into and all that but I guess I'm just not a "Joiner" never really liked groups that much. One of the reasons I like being an Atheist (not the main but a definite perk) is the fact that I don't have to go deal with people.

Back when I was a semi-believer and got dragged to church all the time I never really enjoyed it. It was something we "had" to do and even if I was still a believer I would probably not be a churchgoer. Some people like the community and the activities I always found them tedious.

This is why I don't have any interest in those "Atheist Churches" that you hear about every now and again. Not really against them just not my thing. Same goes for the Unitarians, if that kind of thing floats your boat have at it but not for me thanks.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense