How do you explain deaf people being healed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 09:18 AM
How do you explain deaf people being healed?
I'm a recent atheist, but sometimes I come across things that make me question. There's plenty of fake healers out there, but this guy is the only one who does things I can't explain. I've met him in person & he's really the most genuine guy I've ever met. How would you explain a miracle like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VDKLYFYc40Q
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2017, 09:25 AM
RE: How do you explain deaf people being healed?
I don't click on random links--if you post it in the video section of the pm, I'll watch it or give me his name and I'll google it.

That said, people who are faith "healers" do appear genuine and charismatic. That's all part of the scam.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Damnit - I could have save a bunch of money on hearing aids if only I had believed in this crap. Dodgy

How in the world do you not see that this is fake? It's an act...a put on...a show to try to convince people that there are certain individuals who can command their god to get off his ass and do something.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-03-2017, 09:28 AM
How do you know they were deaf in the first place?

I'm fed up to my eyeballs with that healer crap.
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
05-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Why do Christians wear hearing aids or have operations to hear again? Why are there Cochlear Implants?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
05-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Why aren't "healers" in hospital emergency rooms everywhere curing cancer, broken bones and every manner of affliction? The video is fake you nitwit.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-03-2017, 09:35 AM
(05-03-2017 09:18 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  I'm a recent atheist, but sometimes I come across things that make me question. There's plenty of fake healers out there, but this guy is the only one who does things I can't explain. I've met him in person & he's really the most genuine guy I've ever met. How would you explain a miracle like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VDKLYFYc40Q

I saw no evidence in this video that the allegedly deaf man had any hearing problem to begin with, nor any evidence of a healing afterward. How do we know that he wasn't simply a shill for the faith healer?
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
05-03-2017, 09:35 AM
(05-03-2017 09:28 AM)abaris Wrote:  How do you know they were deaf in the first place?

I'm fed up to my eyeballs with that healer crap.

I don't. But people who knew him for years testify that he had been deaf. They could all be lying, but if this man was lying then he's a REALLY good actor.
05-03-2017, 09:40 AM
(05-03-2017 09:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  Why do Christians wear hearing aids or have operations to hear again? Why are there Cochlear Implants?

As a former Christian, we never lost sleep over that question. And I think we atheists embarrass ourselves when we use this argument. It's a straw man. Christians don't expect God to heal every single disease
05-03-2017, 09:47 AM
(05-03-2017 09:40 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 09:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  Why do Christians wear hearing aids or have operations to hear again? Why are there Cochlear Implants?

As a former Christian, we never lost sleep over that question. And I think we atheists embarrass ourselves when we use this argument. It's a straw man. Christians don't expect God to heal every single disease

Why not - he supposedly creates them all.

Makes him kind of a jerk, doncha think. He randomly causes illnesses in people that he could prevent and he only 'heals' certain people when he supposedly has the power to heal them all.

Sounds like he's just moving pieces around on a chess board.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post