How do you explain deaf people being healed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 10:00 AM
RE: How do you explain deaf people being healed?
No need to explain.

If he has any genuine abilities, they should pass scientific scrutiny. But people like this will never enter such a study. Why is that?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
05-03-2017, 10:03 AM
(05-03-2017 10:00 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  No need to explain.

If he has any genuine abilities, they should pass scientific scrutiny. But people like this will never enter such a study. Why is that?

Simple... Because to them, putting it under scientific scrutiny would be "tempting God"... which they consider to be a sin...
You have to think like a Christian to argue with one.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DoubtingThomas's post
05-03-2017, 10:04 AM
(05-03-2017 09:57 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 09:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  People who are in this line of "work" are good actors. That's the whole point. If they sucked at their "job" they wouldn't be believable and there goes any money or accolades they are receiving. Con artists (even non-religious ones) are good at what they do. That is why con artists are often very successful, they know how to massage their victims and put on a show.

That's a great point. I guess my only contention would be, is it safe then to just assume he's a liar?... I mean.. At most, all we can say is that we lack evidence that he's telling the truth. But that's not the same as saying he therefore must be a liar, right?

If someone had the ability to truly heal, what's the need for the show? Wouldn't a truly "Christian" person be going to every children's hospital and healing just to heal? Why the pomp and circumstance? Why the need for accolades and in many cases, cash rewards for the show? When someone is getting something for their behavior, and their act is only done in controlled environments, and there is no scientific evidence for faith healing, and these healers are not bothering to heal children and are receiving money and accolades for their show--I think it's a fair assessment to say it's all an act.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
05-03-2017, 10:09 AM
(05-03-2017 10:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  If someone had the ability to truly heal, what's the need for the show? Wouldn't a truly "Christian" person be going to every children's hospital and healing just to heal? Why the pomp and circumstance? Why the need for accolades and in many cases, cash rewards for the show? When someone is getting something for their behavior, and their act is only done in controlled environments, and there is no scientific evidence for faith healing, and these healers are not bothering to heal children and are receiving money and accolades for their show--I think it's a fair assessment to say it's all an act.

This man doesn't make any money for this though. And he DOES heal children & goes from hospital to hospital.
05-03-2017, 10:10 AM
(05-03-2017 10:03 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 10:00 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  No need to explain.

Simple... Because to them, putting it under scientific scrutiny would be "tempting God"... which they consider to be a sin...
You have to think like a Christian to argue with one.

But they would at least be in medical journals. Even if they didn't want their abilities tested. They would be called upon by doctors everywhere to assist. But alas, their act only works in controlled environments. Wink

I understand your point from the xtian point of view, but the reality is con artists don't want to get caught. Opening themselves up to scientific review and it's bye bye con.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
05-03-2017, 10:17 AM
I watched this again. The praying is all done in one ear, the testing (with snaps) is all done in one ear. As someone with significant hearing loss I can tell you that getting used to how a person's voice sounds makes understanding what is being said easier. The snaps are high pitched are would also be easier to pick up if the bottom end of the hearing range is bad. For some reason, only one ear is focused on in this video.

The oddest thing about is when the 'healer' stuffs money in the shirt pocket of the 'healed'. I wonder if he would have been paid for his performance if he hadn't claimed a sudden return of his hearing. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-03-2017, 10:18 AM
(05-03-2017 10:09 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 10:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  If someone had the ability to truly heal, what's the need for the show? Wouldn't a truly "Christian" person be going to every children's hospital and healing just to heal? Why the pomp and circumstance? Why the need for accolades and in many cases, cash rewards for the show? When someone is getting something for their behavior, and their act is only done in controlled environments, and there is no scientific evidence for faith healing, and these healers are not bothering to heal children and are receiving money and accolades for their show--I think it's a fair assessment to say it's all an act.

This man doesn't make any money for this though. And he DOES heal children & goes from hospital to hospital.

Do you honestly believe he's not receiving any kind of monetary donation from believers? Wink Even if he's actively not soliciting funds, he could still be receiving them. And even if he's not, he's still receiving accolades and for some, that's enough.

Additionally, I'm sure every single case he's come across in a hospital he hasn't healed. I would love to see his actual statistics. Probability is a wonderful thing. This healer could go see 50 children. Out of those 50, 10 he could "miraculously heal." But even if we took him out of the equation, guess what, ten of those 50 children could still be healed just based on probability and medical treatments alone. Correlation does not imply causation.

05-03-2017, 10:19 AM

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
05-03-2017, 10:23 AM
(05-03-2017 10:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I watched this again. The praying is all done in one ear, the testing (with snaps) is all done in one ear. As someone with significant hearing loss I can tell you that getting used to how a person's voice sounds makes understanding what is being said easier. The snaps are high pitched are would also be easier to pick up if the bottom end of the hearing range is bad. For some reason, only one ear is focused on in this video.

The oddest thing about is when the 'healer' stuffs money in the shirt pocket of the 'healed'. I wonder if he would have been paid for his performance if he hadn't claimed a sudden return of his hearing. Consider

He is bestest guy ever. Not only he heals people but also pays them. Praise the Lord Laugh out load

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
05-03-2017, 10:25 AM
(05-03-2017 10:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 10:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I watched this again. The praying is all done in one ear, the testing (with snaps) is all done in one ear. As someone with significant hearing loss I can tell you that getting used to how a person's voice sounds makes understanding what is being said easier. The snaps are high pitched are would also be easier to pick up if the bottom end of the hearing range is bad. For some reason, only one ear is focused on in this video.

He is bestest guy ever. Not only he heals people but also pays them. Praise the Lord Laugh out load

He pays them to keep their mouth shut for the scam Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post