How do you explain deaf people being healed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 10:28 AM
RE: How do you explain deaf people being healed?
(05-03-2017 10:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 10:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  He is bestest guy ever. Not only he heals people but also pays them. Praise the Lord Laugh out load

He pays them to keep their mouth shut for the scam Laugh out load

You only say that cause you're baby eating atheist unwilling to acknowledge greatness of god love shown through this healer deeds.

Laugh out loadLaugh out load

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
05-03-2017, 10:31 AM
How do you explain...someone who claims to be an atheist but who keeps making "how do you explain this?" posts?

Liar for Jesus.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
05-03-2017, 10:32 AM
(05-03-2017 10:31 AM)julep Wrote:  How do you explain...someone who claims to be an atheist but who keeps making "how do you explain this?" posts?

Liar for Jesus.

Well, ya know, that video is quite compelling. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-03-2017, 10:38 AM
No offense, DoubtingThomas, but for an atheist whose handle is DoubtingThomas, your critical thinking skills are sorely lacking.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
05-03-2017, 10:38 AM
(05-03-2017 10:31 AM)julep Wrote:  How do you explain...someone who claims to be an atheist but who keeps making "how do you explain this?" posts?

Liar for Jesus.

I just became an atheist 3 months ago. I was a minister at my church for 15 years & preached the gospel all across my state. And I'm just starting to wake up. Christianity is mind poison & honestly it's not the easiest to get rid of
[+] 2 users Like DoubtingThomas's post
05-03-2017, 10:40 AM
(05-03-2017 10:38 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  No offense, DoubtingThomas, but for an atheist whose handle is DoubtingThomas, your critical thinking skills are sorely lacking.

I accept that. I'm still learning...
05-03-2017, 10:40 AM
(05-03-2017 10:38 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  

Liar for Jesus.

I just became an atheist 3 months ago. I was a minister at my church for 15 years & preached the gospel all across my state. And I'm just starting to wake up. Christianity is mind poison & honestly it's not the easiest to get rid of

If you have 'lost' your faith, why would you still think that faith healing is real?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-03-2017, 10:47 AM
(05-03-2017 10:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 10:38 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  I just became an atheist 3 months ago. I was a minister at my church for 15 years & preached the gospel all across my state. And I'm just starting to wake up. Christianity is mind poison & honestly it's not the easiest to get rid of

If you have 'lost' your faith, why would you still think that faith healing is real?

I don't think it's real. I just have no explanation.. and while I understand that that's not a rational response, when you just recently left the faith you tend to look for natural explanations of the supernatural.. and when you can't find any, faith tries to creep back in.
05-03-2017, 10:51 AM
(05-03-2017 10:38 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  

Liar for Jesus.

I'm not convinced either way, yet. Each new post pushes me a little farther in the liar for Jesus direction. But if you're on the level, it should be pretty easy to do your own research on faith healing scams, psychic/paranormal scams, confirmation bias, and most especially the differences between magical thinking and critical thinking. It seems to me that because you liked this guy (you should understand that most conmen have excellent people skills), you're looking for reasons to believe this guy's claims. That already makes it less likely that you are going to assess the situation correctly.
05-03-2017, 10:58 AM
(05-03-2017 10:51 AM)julep Wrote:  I'm not convinced either way, yet. Each new post pushes me a little farther in the liar for Jesus direction. But if you're on the level, it should be pretty easy to do your own research on faith healing scams, psychic/paranormal scams, confirmation bias, and most especially the differences between magical thinking and critical thinking. It seems to me that because you liked this guy (you should understand that most conmen have excellent people skills), you're looking for reasons to believe this guy's claims. That already makes it less likely that you are going to assess the situation correctly.

I honestly use this site to consult other atheists on how they would explain the things I can't explain. But yes, being that I've met this guy & followed his ministry, Im sure I subconsciously look for reasons to believe him.
[+] 1 user Likes DoubtingThomas's post