How do you fix gun violence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: How do you fix gun violence
(07-10-2017 02:36 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 09:59 AM)Free Wrote:  In my opinion, the only thing that can save America from gun violence will be a revolution sometime in the next 20 - 30 years.

Politicians can no longer pull Americans together, and the fact-deniers have become too powerful. So I think it's entirely possible that the United States will cease to be united.
We may well split into several separate countries, like the USSR did.

At that point, the new countries could adopt new constitutions which corrected old mistakes, like the gun ownership issue.

I just wish I lived in California when and if that happens.

Compared to alternative means we've discussed to peaceably lobby for gun control, that almost sounds easy. Still though, you have to consider the problem of gun-runners coming over the border...

[Image: main-qimg-9642f8a1169c1e917230dee9c1d3a9c5]

California's got about 1180 miles of perimeter bordering Oregon, Nevada, Arizona and Mexico, and a lot of coastline that might be susceptible to run-in by sea. That's gonna be a hell of a border to police if this is where we are going.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post
09-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Gun violence is here to stay. If little children gunned down in their school wasn’t enough to cause a fracture in the gun lobby, nothing will. Steve Scalese, wounded in a shooting at a baseball practice, apparently feels that random shootings are just the price of doing business in a country which worships the firearm.
[+] 2 users Like Rachel's post
09-10-2017, 10:09 AM
(09-10-2017 10:08 AM)Rachel Wrote:  Gun violence is here to stay. If little children gunned down in their school wasn’t enough to cause a fracture in the gun lobby, nothing will. Steve Scalese, wounded in a shooting at a baseball practice, apparently feels that random shootings are just the price of doing business in a country which worships the firearm.

"If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem." Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2017, 10:14 AM
(09-10-2017 10:09 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem." Consider

There is no solution to gun violence.

If it were up to me, the second amendment would apply only to late 17th century muskets and flintlocks. Everything else would go into the slag heap.
09-10-2017, 10:39 AM
(09-10-2017 10:14 AM)Rachel Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 10:09 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem." Consider

There is no solution to gun violence.

If it were up to me, the second amendment would apply only to late 17th century muskets and flintlocks. Everything else would go into the slag heap.
"If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem." Consider
09-10-2017, 11:01 AM
(09-10-2017 10:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem." Consider

Oopsie! GZ is stuck in an endless iterative loop! Hit the big red button, stat!
09-10-2017, 11:03 AM
(09-10-2017 11:01 AM)Rachel Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 10:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem." Consider

Oopsie! GZ is stuck in an endless iterative loop! Hit the big red button, stat!

You are one of the people that support the current madness by not giving a fuck. If that's a good spot for you then at least stay out of the way.
09-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Ya, 'cause doing little more than expressing what you think is the "correct" opinion is enough to constitute you being "part of the solution". That's an adorable low bar to clear.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
09-10-2017, 11:26 AM
(09-10-2017 11:03 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You are one of the people that support the current madness by not giving a fuck. If that's a good spot for you then at least stay out of the way.

It’s amazing how you reached that conclusion based on exactly zero evidence. I’ve had many believers tell me what it is that I think, feel, or believe. I’ve never had an unbeliever tell me that until now. You, like them, are wrong.

But since you know all and see all, tell me your brilliant solution that I am to stay out of the way of you implementing. This should be good.
[+] 2 users Like Rachel's post
09-10-2017, 11:31 AM
(09-10-2017 11:21 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Ya, 'cause doing little more than expressing what you think is the "correct" opinion is enough to constitute you being "part of the solution". That's an adorable low bar to clear.

I haven't seen you around here. When did you observe me doing that?