How do you fix gun violence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: How do you fix gun violence
(06-10-2017 07:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  I suggest keeping the suggestions realistic. Consider

Hey my suggestion is basically what shut down almost every abortion clinic in Texas and many other areas across the country. Some states are adding restrictions on out of state abortion clinics. They want all states to pass laws saying that they won't provide abortion services to women who don't reside in their state.

Make the people who sell guns make outrageous repairs to their shops that have nothing to do with gun or safety. Tax the shit out of it, make every employee go through special sensitivity training (who knows why). Make the businesses have to hire specialized employees to handle the gun sale and make them have to do a mountain of paperwork. Also they have to spend a good deal of time (read wasting) talking to the person wanting to buy a gun, out of the making the purchase.

Make people drive hundreds of miles for a gun purchase, after they've approved. Then make them watch a video about gun violence and wait a day before they can complete a purchase and take their gun home.

All to do something that the supreme court declared legal a long time ago....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2017, 09:47 PM
(06-10-2017 09:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 07:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  I suggest keeping the suggestions realistic. Consider

Hey my suggestion is basically what shut down almost every abortion clinic in Texas and many other areas across the country. Some states are adding restrictions on out of state abortion clinics. They want all states to pass laws saying that they won't provide abortion services to women who don't reside in their state.

Make the people who sell guns make outrageous repairs to their shops that have nothing to do with gun or safety. Tax the shit out of it, make every employee go through special sensitivity training (who knows why). Make the businesses have to hire specialized employees to handle the gun sale and make them have to do a mountain of paperwork. Also they have to spend a good deal of time (read wasting) talking to the person wanting to buy a gun, out of the making the purchase.

Make people drive hundreds of miles for a gun purchase, after they've approved. Then make them watch a video about gun violence and wait a day before they can complete a purchase and take their gun home.

BY THE POWER OF ANNOYANCE I COMPEL YOU!!!!Hobo

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
06-10-2017, 10:00 PM
(06-10-2017 09:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure that California, New York, and New Jersey are already doing most of that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-10-2017, 10:03 PM
(06-10-2017 07:37 AM)Loom Wrote:  Seriously, so long as humans remain a violent species and so long as there are guns, there is no way to end gun violence.

At best, with harsher regulations and restrictions, better mental health care, and better social standards, we can certainly mitiagate most of the gun related deaths and injuries. But really, we need to fix people if we want to get anywhere with this.
I don't think USA people are necessarily any different from people in other developed nations. Clearly USA has issues, it starts with the 2nd amendment, the NRA and the gun culture. That's what makes USA unique and also makes your gun record so abysmal.

There are actually some USA folk who think more guns will reduce the gun death problem and machine guns will reduce the mass shooting problem. Sadcryface
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
07-10-2017, 12:21 AM
(06-10-2017 10:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 09:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hey my suggestion is basically what shut down almost every abortion clinic in Texas and many other areas across the country. Some states are adding restrictions on out of state abortion clinics. They want all states to pass laws saying that they won't provide abortion services to women who don't reside in their state.

I'm pretty sure that California, New York, and New Jersey are already doing most of that. Drinking Beverage

Ha! Believe it or not, I know lots of people from California that just love their guns.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-10-2017, 12:35 AM
The issue of firearm death is NOT fucking complicated one fucking bit.

Stop producing them like candy and stop handing them out like candy.

^^^^Now, to all the fucking assholes who falsely claim that is a call for a ban, SHUT THE FUCK UP, because it is not.

What the sane want, is the same thing you should want if you found out your favorite food joint employees were not washing their hands before handling your food. You know, that pesky thing called SANITY!

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
07-10-2017, 12:48 AM
(07-10-2017 12:35 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  ...
What the sane want, is the same thing you should want if you found out your favorite food joint employees were not washing their hands before handling your food. You know, that pesky thing called SANITY!

Are you confusing sanity with sanitiser?

[Image: PM_Anti-bacterial_Hand_Sanitiser_Spray1.jpg]

or just taking the piss?

[Image: IMG_9238.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
07-10-2017, 02:03 AM
IMO, the solution is simple. Since there is no way to incentivize a suicide shooter into rethinking his goal, we must minimize his ability to obtain firearms.

1. Ban powerful firearms.

2. Go after illegal firearms traffickers and dealers with draconian measures.

3. If a dealer is discovered to have illegally sold a gun that killed people, then that dealer receives life in prison or execution.

This is how China does it. Their population is almost 4x the US's, yet their annual gun homicide rate is 1/16th the US's.

No
07-10-2017, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 05:10 AM by BackSlider.)
Ban, recall and confiscate all video games and MOVIES that involve firearms cold heartedly killing any likeness or facsimile of a fellow human.

Also STOP the ENDLESS coverage of this successful killing behavior. The news machine glorifies these fucking criminals in this prolonged, yet perverted way, but glorified all the same. Use to be: "His 15 minutes of fame", fuc, now its 15 weeks of hour to hour analysis! For what? So we better understand the sick mind? Clear the airwaves of this easy to produce news docket.
Of the shooters in the last thirty years, 65/67 shooters had mental health issues.

There has been this unchecked, cold and heartless desensitizing and gung-ho training of young and old impressionable (and already sick) minds since the early 80's.
Shameless disregard for the value of a life that needs to take a turn.

Simple truth is we need to purposely RE SENSITIZE the populous to the horrors and pain associated with killing. Oh and HOW and why TO GIVE A CHIT 101 courses since parenting 101 isn't sticking?

This bi-yearly needless massacre chit and the BONUS to go out in a blaze of media coverage mentality is a fairly new phenomenon.
The guns aren't the problem, they have been around us hundreds of years. It those cold hearted trigger fingers that's the "go to" fix.

Use to be our flag was put at half mast once every couple years! Now it's almost perpetual.

http://ncac.org/resource/a-timeline-of-v...troversies

https://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-shoot...ew/5355990

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 2 users Like BackSlider's post
07-10-2017, 05:08 AM
(07-10-2017 12:35 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  What the sane want, is the same thing you should want if you found out your favorite food joint employees were not washing their hands before handling your food. You know, that pesky thing called SANITY!

Sorry OLB...but I really have to do this... Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Insane fast food workers...the bane of our existence...who knew?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post