How do you justify stealing something?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2016, 02:37 PM
Have you ever taken something that didn't belong to you and justified it to yourself? What was your justification?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: How do you justify stealing something?
Commercials suck. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-12-2016, 02:47 PM
(08-12-2016 02:37 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Have you ever taken something that didn't belong to you and justified it to yourself? What was your justification?

When I was in college I stopped off (with a friend of mine) on my way up the California coast in the town of Carmel-by-the-Sea, which is a very ritzy, high end little city. I had some tea in a little coffee shop. They charged me what would be today about $12. Twelve dollars for a tea bag! I was pissed. So I took their silverware off the table and shoved it in my purse. I figured that evened out the cost of a twelve dollar tea bag a little. Geesh! What a rip off.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-12-2016, 02:49 PM
I steal energy drinks from the dollar store near me. I don't justify it - I just don't give a fuck about their corporation, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
08-12-2016, 02:51 PM
I stole a Yu-Gi-Oh! booster pack from a store when I was about 10 years old. My justification at the time was that I didn't and wouldn't have the money to buy it anytime soon and that I needed it all the same because by the time I could afford it, none of the other kids would be playing the game anymore. When I remembered this incident many years later, I wrote an apology letter in hand writing and handed it, along with about five times as much cash as the stolen item was worth, to one of the cashiers and told her to give it to her boss. I never returned to that place, but I would have loved to see the owner's reaction upon reading that letter and seeing the money. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
08-12-2016, 03:04 PM
When I badly need a skill point in Bethesda games. I'm gonna save the world anyway, right?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
08-12-2016, 03:23 PM
(08-12-2016 02:37 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Have you ever taken something that didn't belong to you and justified it to yourself? What was your justification?

Because I wanted it, why would you need anymore justification than that.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
08-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Everybody has taken things they should not. You are all thieves!! bla

Anyway, I have taken things more times than I can count. But I am calling it "taking" on purpose right now. I don't steal. I guess it is what you make of it. For me stealing is directly connected to harm (either seriously harming a business or a person) and that is something I don't do.

Whenever I took things from others in my life, it was because I was too poor to afford them.
I took things when I was a child and teenager because we were fucking poor. Can you really blame a dirt poor kid / teenager for taking something? I personally cannot. Maybe I cannot because I was in that situation. No harm was ever done. I mean this as in no one actually suffered because of me taking whatever it was I took.
The same when I was an adult and in financial trouble. I actually stole toothbrush and toothpaste from work when I was 22 because I worked full time and still could barely afford living.

The less worry I had financially, the less I took things. Simply because now I could buy them like a normal person.
So by now, I don't have to take anything ever.

Makes sense?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
08-12-2016, 03:40 PM
I don't think I can say I've ever stolen anything... outside of streaming movies etc. My justification for that is. I'm not going to pay for something I don't like. So I watch the stuff first and if I like it I'll buy it. I also need to buy the seasons for the merlin tv series. Loved that show.
08-12-2016, 03:43 PM
I was at a steakhouse that had a food and salad bar. I ordered a steak and the food bar as a side.

I ate off the bar and got full so I only finished half of my steak. I asked the waitress for a take home box for the remainder of the steak. She told me that I couldn't have one since I got the bar, company policy.

After a few minutes of arguing, I put some napkins over the nice china plate and took the steak home on it. Fuck them assholes. They can buy a new plate.
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post