How do you justify stealing something?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2016, 03:46 PM
RE: How do you justify stealing something?
Downloaded a Christian song once. My only reason was that I owned the physical CD of the album, and then the artist released a "Deluxe" edition of the album on iTunes with only one more song on it, and then that one new song was iTunes album exclusive, so I wasn't going to pay another $9.99 to get a single song.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2016, 03:46 PM
When I was 16 I had a job delivering mattress to the northern NJ area. I only had a permit and wasn't allowed to drive the truck.

My usual partner was off, and I was partnered up with a younger 20something driver. We stopped at a pizza place for dinner and before going in he said something along the lines "this is my friends place, he'll hook us up with some killer pizza, dude." (This was the 90's) so we went in and he said "Get whatever you want." Me thinking his friend was going to "hook us up" as in give us free pizza I got 2 large slices. As he walked right into the back and stated talking with his friend. I get my pizza and coke and we leave.

Sitting in the truck, I thanked him for covering for the pizza. He looked at me confused, "I didn't cover for you?" He stated. You said I was going to get the hook up. "Yeah an employee discount." My heart sank, "Well I need to go back inside and pay for this then." "Naw dude, we got to go."

Not know where we were (pre-gps) I never got to go back and pay for my food.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
08-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Only thing I used to steal was mom's Christmas cookies. She would hide them, I would find them and slowly eat my way through.

She knew this though, she later told me she always had an easy to find spot for the ones I could eat, and a spot I never found. Never did tell me where that was.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-12-2016, 04:00 PM
I don't steal things, I liberate them.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-12-2016, 04:05 PM
How about taxes?? Does anyone, maybe not totally out and out cheat, but sort of bend the truth a little bit? We have on our taxes, kinda like, sorta like, bent things in our favor.....Unsure

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-12-2016, 04:07 PM
(08-12-2016 04:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  How about taxes?? Does anyone, maybe not totally out and out cheat, but sort of bend the truth a little bit? We have on our taxes, kinda like, sorta like, bent things in our favor.....Unsure

That's not cheating, that's just estimating. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-12-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 04:56 PM by jennybee.)
I've never stolen anything. I know that might sound weird, but I just never had any desire to do it.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just thought of one time...Back when I was in high school, I borrowed without permission Angel a pair of pants from my friend because I asked her if I could borrow them and she said no. I took them to wear anyway because I always let her borrow my clothes and carted her ass around everywhere in my car without asking her for gas money and of course, she never offered any. Come to think of it, she was a bitch Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-12-2016, 04:54 PM
(08-12-2016 04:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I've never stolen anything. I know that might sound weird, but I just never had any desire to do it.

Oh Jennybee, I'll bet you stole someone's heart. Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-12-2016, 04:56 PM
I will admit at my last job (Arby's) I made and ate a few sandwiches without telling anyone. Usually because I hardly had the time or the money driving to college classes before/after work to afford getting something to eat.

I mean really, they were barely paying me more an hour than what a single sandwich costs while coorporate was making bank...so what's a few sandwiches?

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
08-12-2016, 04:57 PM
(08-12-2016 04:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 04:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I've never stolen anything. I know that might sound weird, but I just never had any desire to do it.

Oh Jennybee, I'll bet you stole someone's heart. Heart

Aw Heart

I added one I just thought of to my post. Tongue