How do you keep your sausage from curling?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 06:58 PM
RE: How do you keep your sausage from curling?
Don't use a curling iron? Unsure

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
01-12-2016, 07:01 PM
I usually precook the sausages, simmering them in shallow water for 10-20 minutes depending on the size. I also poke them full of holes with a fork so that some of the grease can escape. They can then be lightly browned in the pan and don't tend to curl.

If I just want to take some small breakfast sausages and cook them immediately, I use a trick from a local restaurant: Cut them almost in half, then place them in the frying pan with initially the cut sides down, and pressing down with a spatula occasionally.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
01-12-2016, 07:51 PM
If I'm doing Italian sausages, it's on low heat anyway, and they're going to be cut up, so whether or not they curl doesn't matter to me.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-12-2016, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 08:25 PM by yakherder.)
Edit: wrong thread

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
01-12-2016, 08:11 PM
(01-12-2016 08:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  As for conventional westernized pizza, I'm all about pineapple. I'd say my favorite is extra cheese smothered with so much pineapple you can't see said extra cheese.

I've also gotta give props to this curry pizza place that was up the road from Misawa Airbase. Not sure if it's still there, as I left Japan in 2001, but if it is I'd consider going back just to satisfy my culinary nostalgia.

You're in the wrong thread. Tongue The pizza thread is two doors down. This thread is about dances and her sausages Wink

PS I agree with you about the pineapples Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-12-2016, 08:24 PM
(01-12-2016 08:11 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 08:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  As for conventional westernized pizza, I'm all about pineapple. I'd say my favorite is extra cheese smothered with so much pineapple you can't see said extra cheese.

I've also gotta give props to this curry pizza place that was up the road from Misawa Airbase. Not sure if it's still there, as I left Japan in 2001, but if it is I'd consider going back just to satisfy my culinary nostalgia.

You're in the wrong thread. Tongue The pizza thread is two doors down. This thread is about dances and her sausages Wink

Crap how'd that happen :/

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
01-12-2016, 08:36 PM
(01-12-2016 08:11 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Well, I sure enough did dance with those ding-dang sausages. I cooked 12 Italian sausages and then sauteed onions, green and red peppers and some cut up potatoes. Then I poured white wine and a little chicken broth over the top in the hot pan. Then I put some Italian spices and pepper over the top, popped it in the oven for twenty minutes and.....voila! some sort of sausage vegetable dish.

It's a lot of food but my husband is going to take some for work tomorrow and probably the day after that too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Microwave them!!! Big Grin

I'll show myself out now...
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
02-12-2016, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I take Morningstar and I nuke them sumbitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Skyhawk's post
02-12-2016, 05:49 AM
(02-12-2016 12:30 AM)Skyhawk Wrote:  Yeah, I take Morningstar and I nuke them sumbitches.
I prefer food that contains food.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user