How do you know when to stop being friends with someone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2016, 02:31 PM
RE: How do you know when to stop being friends with someone?
As Velvet says, if you have to ask a bunch of strangers on the internet then you already know the answer.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
26-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Your friend sounds caustic as fuck and I'd try to distance myself from that person pronto if I was in your shoes.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
26-10-2016, 05:06 PM
How do you know when to stop being friends with someone?
(26-10-2016 01:21 AM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  she only cares about herself and her child.

I admit that I care more for my children than others (I think this is natural) but to say I don't care about other people's children would be horrible.

So basically if you had a child she wouldn't care about him or her. I would dump this friend and find someone that acted like a human.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
30-10-2016, 10:22 PM
(26-10-2016 01:21 AM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  She considers me her best friend, but i don't consider her my best friend. She gets extremely jealous when I hang out with other people and I happen to not invite her.

IMO, the jealousy issue is a major red flag and a deal-breaker. No one, absolutely no one, has a right to monopolize your time or attempt to dictate whom you may or may not see.

I'd dump her, personally.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
30-10-2016, 11:13 PM
It seems to me that if you have to ask that question you have already figured it out and are seeking an alternative.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
03-11-2016, 09:22 AM
I'm going to be really blunt and say that based purely on your OP your friend sounds like a total asshole and personally I wouldn't want to hang out with such a toxic individual.
03-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Quote:I told her that I have a 100 pound pit bull, and if a child is being very aggressive with my animal and mistreating it, I have every right to say something to the parent.

Yeah. If they're not smart enough to keep their kids away from your dog then you better take the initiative and keep your dog away from their kids. That's not one you want to be figuring out after the fact. What the hell kind of situation is going on where both the mothers and the dog owner allows a small child to roughhouse with a large dog?
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
03-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Seems like your friend is determined to be offended. I'd walk away. Life is too short to be unhappy ... especially because someone insists on inflicting their unhappiness on you.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-11-2016, 08:57 PM
I guess she is just over emotional. i think you should learn if there's any problem with her. she may look like offensive but maybe she has something to hide. you should unveil this

When i'm under stress, i sometime behave just like she did.