How do you like your eggs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2012, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 10:33 AM by Erxomai.)
How do you like your eggs?
I was feeling saucy on a bright sunny Saturday morning so I ventured to the nearby IHOP for the most nutritionally dangerous breakfast I could find.

After the waitress asked how did I want my eggs cooked, I realized I had been giving the same answer in restaurants ever since I was a kid when I realized sunny side up and over easy were too runny and somehow learned eggs over medium were the way to go.

Unless I'm home. Then it's all about the omlette and how many ingredients I can pull from the fridge.

So, how do you like your eggs?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
07-07-2012, 10:31 AM
RE: How do you like your eggs?
Depends on what is going with them...scrambled, with lots of cheese, usually. But if we are having grits and biscuits I like over easy. Now and then I like an omelet too.

Breakfast is my favorite meal...any time of the day.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-07-2012, 11:05 AM
(07-07-2012 10:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Depends on what is going with them...scrambled, with lots of cheese, usually. But if we are having grits and biscuits I like over easy. Now and then I like an omelet too.

Breakfast is my favorite meal...any time of the day.

Most any way, but over easy is a favorite.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Fertilized.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-07-2012, 11:48 AM
For breakfast, I'm mostly an omelette guy. But since we have LOTS of eggs, fresh from the coop every morning, we tend to eat a lot of eggs. Cheesy egg bake, quiche (loaded with cheese, bacon and onions, and anything else I feel like at the moment), along with an always present container of egg salad for a quick sandwich, or even just a spoonful for a protein boost.

Rice pudding is another big one around here. I do it in the slow cooker, and my recipe takes eight eggs for a single batch.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
07-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Oh, and bacon and eggers. Scramble some eggs with cheese and a bit of onions, in a pan seasoned with crushed garlic and butter. Slap it on some toast with a couple slices of tomato and lettuce, top with bacon and a dab of mayo. Awesome and easy.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
07-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Damn, now I'm going to add eggs to my shopping list. Just thought of how easy it is to have a bunch of hard boiled ones in the fridge for snacking, sandwiches and what not.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
07-07-2012, 12:45 PM
I like eggs individually, cooked most any way. I'm partial to over easy if fried, but I also like basted and poached. If you're going to scramble, it might as well be an omelette, so... yea, omelette -lots of stuff in them. But usually not for breakfast.

Oh! I just remembered how long it's been since I had an egg sandwich! Yummmm! Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-07-2012, 01:17 PM
I hate eggs! Disgusting things they are.
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
07-07-2012, 01:32 PM
(07-07-2012 01:17 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I hate eggs! Disgusting things they are.

Magoo - you don't care for the proposed zygote of a bird; the descendants of our dinosaurs?

If they could eat us, I know they'd love to. I'm not saying that's a good reason... I'm just saying YUM! Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein