How do you like your eggs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2015, 06:25 PM
How do you like your eggs?
Over easy? Scrambled? Poached? Boiled? Benedict? Omlet? Custard? On a cheeseburger? Powdered?

I prefer mine either scrambled with diced onions and bell pepper, or over easy on toast with Cheddar cheese. Always seasoned with salt and a dash or two of red pepper.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
23-10-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled or hard boiled. Nothing fancy.
23-10-2015, 06:28 PM
(23-10-2015 06:25 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Over easy? Scrambled? Poached? Boiled? Benedict? Omlet? Custard? On a cheeseburger? Powdered?

I prefer mine either scrambled with diced onions and bell pepper, or over easy on toast with Cheddar cheese. Always seasoned with salt and a dash or two of red pepper.

That sounds good to me. But when I scramble them I do a slow soft scramble to make sure they're not overcooked and rubbery.

#sigh
23-10-2015, 06:30 PM
(23-10-2015 06:25 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Over easy? Scrambled? Poached? Boiled? Benedict? Omlet? Custard? On a cheeseburger? Powdered?

Boiled or scrambled, with pepper, salt and a bit tomato. Also omelets are awesome. Wtf is powdered egg? And over easy?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
23-10-2015, 06:31 PM
And what's the difference between poached and boiled(except that you remove the shell :

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
23-10-2015, 06:43 PM
(23-10-2015 06:31 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  And what's the difference between poached and boiled(except that you remove the shell :

Poached eggs (My prefered way to eat eggs) are similar to a soft boiled egg but without the shell. They are cooked in simmering (not boiling) water with a bit of vinegar to help the egg whites to coagulate. I like mine just barely softset so the yolk is still runny.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
23-10-2015, 06:43 PM
(23-10-2015 06:30 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  

Boiled or scrambled, with pepper, salt and a bit tomato. Also omelets are awesome. Wtf is powdered egg? And over easy?

Powdered eggs are the sort served in school and prison cafeterias.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
23-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Three eggs, a tablespoon of water, a tsp of coconut oil, and a whirl through the blender a la Girly.

This is the base upon which you can build pretty much any eggliscious dish. (Think everything from cheese and bacon to cream cheese and blueberry preserves.)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
23-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Over easy and scrambled are my favorite but I like an occasional omelet and when I think of it I will make and eat hard boiled.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
23-10-2015, 07:02 PM
(23-10-2015 06:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Three eggs, a tablespoon of water, a tsp of coconut oil, and a whirl through the blender a la Girly.

Pretty sure I got that from you. Big Grin

#sigh