How do you like your eggs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2012, 02:09 PM
RE: How do you like your eggs?
(07-07-2012 11:10 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Fertilized.

Kidding, right? That can get expensive.

I like mine unfertilisable.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 02:42 PM
I like eggs cooked anyway.

What I DONT like is when people are frying eggs and they blast the pan out on full heat..... to the point where the edge of the egg white bubbles and the egg sticks to the pan.

TURN THE HEAT DOWN AND HAVE SOME PATIENCE DAMNIT!!!!!

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
07-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Fertilized eggs aren't any different than un fertilized. Most of our eggs are fertilized when we have a roo on the property. The myth about blood spots and meat spots are just that. Myths. Sometimes a small blood spot will occur from eating lots of grass, or even a small blood vessel breaking and encapsulating in the egg while it develops. Those are discarded at factories, but only for looks. They are completely harmless.

Sorry, thought I'd toss in a little egg info since it is, after all, the egg thread!

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
07-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Amen to that Bemore. A pan, pre heated to about medium heat is plenty for a perfectly fried egg.

Just visiting.

-SR
07-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Reminds me of one of my grandmothers...

She would put some bacon grease in a cast iron pan and heat it to the point that it was nearly glowing red. In would go eggs, that she has just picked up that morning, the eggs would snap and sizzle and have a crispy ring all around. The only way to get the eggs kind of done on top was to spoon some of that sizzling grease over the top of them. One of my cousins called them "stippin" eggs. He had a bad speech impediment and that was his way of asking for eggs he could "dip" his toast into the yolk of. For years members of the family would say they wanted stippin eggs instead of over easy.

That brings back a nice memory of being out at the farm with grandma and grandpa although I don't flash-cook eggs like that.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-07-2012, 03:26 PM
(07-07-2012 01:32 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-07-2012 01:17 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I hate eggs! Disgusting things they are.

Magoo - you don't care for the proposed zygote of a bird; the descendants of our dinosaurs?

If they could eat us, I know they'd love to. I'm not saying that's a good reason... I'm just saying YUM! Wink

Haha come on, we both know dinosaurs aren't real Thumbsup
[+] 4 users Like Magoo's post
07-07-2012, 04:30 PM
(07-07-2012 12:45 PM)kim Wrote:  I like eggs individually, cooked most any way. I'm partial to over easy if fried, but I also like basted and poached. If you're going to scramble, it might as well be an omelette, so... yea, omelette -lots of stuff in them. But usually not for breakfast.

Oh! I just remembered how long it's been since I had an egg sandwich! Yummmm! Tongue

Hm...not a very good vegetarian are you?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-07-2012, 04:33 PM
(07-07-2012 02:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Fertilized eggs aren't any different than un fertilized. Most of our eggs are fertilized when we have a roo on the property. The myth about blood spots and meat spots are just that. Myths. Sometimes a small blood spot will occur from eating lots of grass, or even a small blood vessel breaking and encapsulating in the egg while it develops. Those are discarded at factories, but only for looks. They are completely harmless.

Sorry, thought I'd toss in a little egg info since it is, after all, the egg thread!

All well and good, but if you hand me an egg with blood spots in it and it's not going to end well for you.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-07-2012, 04:33 PM
(07-07-2012 04:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(07-07-2012 12:45 PM)kim Wrote:  I like eggs individually, cooked most any way. I'm partial to over easy if fried, but I also like basted and poached. If you're going to scramble, it might as well be an omelette, so... yea, omelette -lots of stuff in them. But usually not for breakfast.

Oh! I just remembered how long it's been since I had an egg sandwich! Yummmm! Tongue
Hm...not a very good vegetarian are you?
Vegetarians can eat eggs......... its vegans that dont Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
07-07-2012, 04:51 PM
(07-07-2012 04:33 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(07-07-2012 04:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hm...not a very good vegetarian are you?
Vegetarians can eat eggs......... its vegans that dont Thumbsup
Sounds a bit like an apologist trying to explain theology. Dodgy

But the egg sandwich was a good idea...I just had a very tasty one!

[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post