How do you like your eggs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2012, 08:56 AM
RE: How do you like your eggs?
(09-07-2012 08:53 AM)Dragon-Wolf Wrote:  
(07-07-2012 01:17 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I hate eggs! Disgusting things they are.
I second that. I hated eggs since I was five. The smell, the look, texture..it all nauseates me.
Ugh! Bleh!

If not cooked well, I can see how someone would think this. Of course, after eating my tasty breakfast, I have to mock you for your hatred of tasty eggs! Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-07-2012, 04:46 AM
Erx, I already put a very similar recipe there. And I see you are using garlic in powder, why don't you buy garlic and then slice it up? Nothing can beat fresh garlic, even the imported one from China is better than powder.

Do you guys remember some movie about some mafia guys in jail, where one of them (some Godfather) makes salsa (or something similar) where he uses a razor to slice garlic extra thin? I loved the idea and I try to slice it as thin as I can since I saw that movie...

The movie is Goodfellas. It was simple, googled with movie+mafia+jail+garlic+razor and it was the first thing that came up. Love you Google.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
10-07-2012, 07:30 AM
goodfellas is entertaining, but why not make garlic oil? We always have a little bowl of vegetable oil with garlic in it to add to anything we cook. That way when you want eggs the garlic is what you cook them on.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
10-07-2012, 07:34 AM
If I'm taking my time to cook something special, or for other people, I'll use real garlic, but garlic powder is quick, easy, no mess to clean up, no fingers smelling like garlic all day. Big Grin

The same goes for dried minced onion, which I used in yesterday's scrambled eggs. Yum! Might have a repeat of that today!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
10-07-2012, 07:43 AM
I start with some heavy cream and cream cheese. I whisk the shit out of it and then add in a couple of eggs and keep on whisking it. While this is going I start up about 1tbsp of butter in a nonstick pan and let it coat the pan over a low heat. Once the butter is coating the pan (and the butter is mainly for more flavor) I pour in my eggy solution and keep the heat low, constantly moving it around in the pan. Just before I think it's done I pull it off the heat (eggs continue to cook after being removed from the heat) and add some salt and some Texas Pete hot sauce or Tobasco.

Delicious!
[+] 1 user Likes StatiK's post
10-07-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm with Filox. Garlic powder isn't even in my house. A good alternative in to buy minced garlic if you don't have the motivation to slice. Not the best, but it's way better than powder. Just look for the stuff that's in a jar. It should only have three ingredients...garlic, water and a natural preservative like citric acid. It's as easy to use as powder, but tastes like real garli, cuz that's all it is, just minced for you.

Just visiting.

-SR
10-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Naaaah, I want my garlic and onions to be as fresh as they can. Same thing with the rest of the ingredients I use. But I do hat the smell of garlic on my fingers for the next two days, no matter how many times I wash my hands. Luckily, I love the smell of garlic. People around me ...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
10-07-2012, 08:23 AM
(10-07-2012 08:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  Naaaah, I want my garlic and onions to be as fresh as they can. Same thing with the rest of the ingredients I use. But I do hat the smell of garlic on my fingers for the next two days, no matter how many times I wash my hands. Luckily, I love the smell of garlic. People around me ...

Big Grin
But you're already willing to use fresh. The suggestion is for those using powder. Better to use one step closer to fresh than to keep using powder. The minced is as easy to use as powder, so it's a better alternative for a lazier cook.

Just visiting.

-SR
10-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Oh how to begin to say it all...

I love them sunny side up because it's the best phrase of them all..

I love them being green..

I love them in a bilox, and with a Filox...

And most of all.. I love egg, and this video best says it all:

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-07-2012, 09:52 AM
(09-07-2012 06:56 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I wanna go visit Stark even more now Q_Q Probably not gong to make it though while I'm here this time. Our family farm kinda lost th chickens quite a while back. Eggs are the type of thing I would eat all day in everything.

No one eats eggs in fried rice? How about Ramen? What about potato salad? Hard Boiled eggs add a lot to potato salad.

I've been jonesing for some eggs benedict for a while now >.> We never seem to have ham.

Spontaneous TTA get together at Stark's house this weekend, YAY!

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post