How do you love w/o obeying god?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2015, 12:54 PM
RE: How do you love w/o obeying god?
Jason, I'm trying to help you think critically.
Answering a question with a question, doesn't really answer the question.

You're avoiding the truth.
Why would they decide, on their own accord, to put together a book called the bible when a god didn't command them to ?

Why would they edit and alter this book over time creating over 30,000 different variations of it when a god didn't instruct them to do so ?

If this kind of book, created by human beings, altered by humans and contains numerous human errors, then one might conclude that a god had nothing to do with it.

As an atheist I can discount the entire bible or any "holy" book based on the idea that all of those books and every part of them are man made and it shows.

None were inspired by a god. Plain and simple.
Even when I lead you down a path of truth, you still cling to your fantasy.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2015, 02:08 PM
(16-10-2015 12:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Why would they decide, on their own accord, to put together a book called the bible when a god didn't command them to ?
They decided to do this because they convinced themselves that they have authority from God to do this and they don't need any revelations/instructions from Him.
(16-10-2015 12:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Why would they edit and alter this book over time creating over 30,000 different variations of it when a god didn't instruct them to do so ?
Another great question. I guess for the same reason as I explained above.
Sometimes they did it un-intentionally, sometimes intentionally.
(16-10-2015 12:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If this kind of book, created by human beings, altered by humans and contains numerous human errors, then one might conclude that a god had nothing to do with it.
Yes, but still you may conclude that there are parts of the truth in it.
(16-10-2015 12:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  As an atheist I can discount the entire bible or any "holy" book based on the idea that all of those books and every part of them are man made and it shows.
Yes, you can. But it doesn't mean that there is no at least some truth in it.
(16-10-2015 12:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  None were inspired by a god. Plain and simple.
Prophets were inspired by God. But those who put the Bible together in the 3rd century, translated it later, copied it were NOT inspired by God and had no authority from God/no priesthood from God.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
16-10-2015, 02:16 PM
(16-10-2015 12:17 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 11:34 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Jason, If a god didn't command people to construct a bible, then why was it made ?
Well ask yourself. Why would you compile 66 books into one book?

Jason, do you know that Catholic Bible has 73 books and Protestant Bible has 66 books? So, which one is from God? the Catholic longer Bible or shorter Protestant Bible?

John knew that Scriptures will be corrupt in the future by men THAT IS WHY he gave a warning that if someone adds or takes away words from his book, he is going to answer for this before God one day.
If John worried about his book, he probably worried about the rest of the Scriptures.

16-10-2015, 02:18 PM
(16-10-2015 12:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 07:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  Well said.
So, what is love? feeling? action? charity? service?
Jesus said that there is no greater love than to die for friends. (action)
So, sacrifice(action) is the highest expression of love.

So according to Jesus, death is the standard of value.
According to Jesus, death is a consequence for some wrong choices. Death is also the only way to enter spirit world. Death is also something that everyone has to experience to become like God.

16-10-2015, 03:00 PM
(16-10-2015 02:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 12:17 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Well ask yourself. Why would you compile 66 books into one book?

Jason, do you know that Catholic Bible has 73 books and Protestant Bible has 66 books? So, which one is from God? the Catholic longer Bible or shorter Protestant Bible?

John knew that Scriptures will be corrupt in the future by men THAT IS WHY he gave a warning that if someone adds or takes away words from his book, he is going to answer for this before God one day.
If John worried about his book, he probably worried about the rest of the Scriptures.
Well. There is nothing in the bible that says the bible is absolutely the only source for God's word. So I don't exactly know where you are going with this but neither one of them will be wrong.
16-10-2015, 03:36 PM
(16-10-2015 02:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 12:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  So according to Jesus, death is the standard of value.
According to Jesus, death is a consequence for some wrong choices. Death is also the only way to enter spirit world. Death is also something that everyone has to experience to become like God.

So then dying for a friend is a wrong choice, but it is also the greatest thing you can do for a friend.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
16-10-2015, 04:01 PM
(16-10-2015 03:36 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 02:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to Jesus, death is a consequence for some wrong choices. Death is also the only way to enter spirit world. Death is also something that everyone has to experience to become like God.

So then dying for a friend is a wrong choice, but it is also the greatest thing you can do for a friend.
Jesus said there is no greater love than to die for a friend. It is greatest sacrifice for a friend.
I didn't say that wrong choices is the only reason why we die. To die for a friend to safe his/her life is right choice.

16-10-2015, 04:03 PM
(16-10-2015 03:00 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Well. There is nothing in the bible that says the bible is absolutely the only source for God's word.
True. For example, I believe that Book of Mormon is also word of God.

16-10-2015, 04:11 PM
(16-10-2015 12:17 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 11:34 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Jason, If a god didn't command people to construct a bible, then why was it made ?
Well ask yourself. Why would you compile 66 books into one book?

To make money?

To give monks a job?

To define orthodoxy?

To enforce orthodoxy?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2015, 04:14 PM
(16-10-2015 04:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 03:00 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Well. There is nothing in the bible that says the bible is absolutely the only source for God's word.
True. For example, I believe that Book of Mormon is also word of God.

Except it is demonstrably the work of a dishonest charlatan. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user