How do you love w/o obeying god?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: How do you love w/o obeying god?
(17-10-2015 08:25 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Btw... for everyone just reading this forum. Yes I am a Christian. I am non-denominational but I am sure nobody care. I just wanted to let you know that my intent is not to try to convert or harass you with talk of fire and brimstone. I just enjoy the respectful dialog. I do not get offended with smack talk. I am a Marine so I have some tough skin and I am not easily offended. I would like to look at all of you as friends who hold view differently from mine. You guys and gals are awesome and I really appreciate the wonderful questions.

And yet you said:
(17-10-2015 08:10 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  As an atheist I can discount the entire bible or any "holy" book based on the idea that all of those books and every part of them are man made and it shows.

None were inspired by a god. Plain and simple.
Even when I lead you down a path of truth, you still cling to your fantasy.

Your credibility is suspect. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2015, 01:37 PM
(17-10-2015 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 08:25 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Btw... for everyone just reading this forum. Yes I am a Christian. I am non-denominational but I am sure nobody care. I just wanted to let you know that my intent is not to try to convert or harass you with talk of fire and brimstone. I just enjoy the respectful dialog. I do not get offended with smack talk. I am a Marine so I have some tough skin and I am not easily offended. I would like to look at all of you as friends who hold view differently from mine. You guys and gals are awesome and I really appreciate the wonderful questions.

And yet you said:
(17-10-2015 08:10 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  As an atheist I can discount the entire bible or any "holy" book based on the idea that all of those books and every part of them are man made and it shows.

I am still trying to figure out this forum. I am using my phone and it gets a little confusing. I was trying to reply to another gentleman's post. If you read the second half of that post you will see what I replied. Sorry for the confusion. I assure you I am not trying to play games.
Find all posts by this user
17-10-2015, 03:30 PM

You might last here if you can sustain that attitude. Of course you're going to have to drop that "respectful dialog" business. We dick with each other indiscriminately on a regular basis. Don't matter if you're theist or atheist, you're gonna get dicked with.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Sounds like fun.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
17-10-2015, 04:09 PM
(17-10-2015 08:51 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Do you believe that Christian scholars solely get all their information from the bible? That they have never sought to compare it to any other outside source such as archeological findings?

That has verified that some of the places mentioned existed but that isn't a major area of contention. They have a site the believe is Troy but it doesn't make the Iliad or the Odyssey any less fictional; London exists but that doesn't mean that the Artful Dodger plied his trade there.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
17-10-2015, 05:22 PM
(17-10-2015 09:21 AM)WillemRM Wrote:  How can you feel good without taking "obeying to" drugs? You can not because everyone who feels good needs to take drugs.

This is the talk of a drugs dealer or someone that is so far out that he cannot imagine getting trough life without drugs.

Same applies for everyone who wants others obeying some god, or needs to do so himself to get through life.

The first one is probably an evangelist. As I learned that from a god obeying point of view love only counts as an "action", which doesn't make sense as such, this action will be a financial sacrifice, an offer to the Church. The more you donate, the more you love.

Anyone who doubts his capacity to love or to feel good has a problem of low self -esteem. Which makes them vulnerable and possible clients for the ones mentioned above.

The only real question in this kind of discussion is : how do you love/feel good without loving yourself? The drugsdealer will answer; you can't love or feel good about yourself without taking drugs. Which is a very misantropic and humanity insulting aswer. Same applies to the evangelist.
What are you talking about?
17-10-2015, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 09:30 PM by DLJ.)
Quote:What are you talking about?

Conversion tactics and why they are despicable.
17-10-2015, 06:30 PM
(16-10-2015 12:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Jason, I'm trying to help you think critically.
Answering a question with a question, doesn't really answer the question.

You're avoiding the truth.
Why would they decide, on their own accord, to put together a book called the bible when a god didn't command them to ?

Why would they edit and alter this book over time creating over 30,000 different variations of it when a god didn't instruct them to do so ?

If this kind of book, created by human beings, altered by humans and contains numerous human errors, then one might conclude that a god had nothing to do with it.

As an atheist I can discount the entire bible or any "holy" book based on the idea that all of those books and every part of them are man made and it shows.

Chas,
Jason was quoting me from an earlier message, but the first quote part got deleted when he was replying to me.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
17-10-2015, 06:42 PM
(17-10-2015 01:37 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  And yet you said:

I am still trying to figure out this forum. I am using my phone and it gets a little confusing. I was trying to reply to another gentleman's post. If you read the second half of that post you will see what I replied. Sorry for the confusion. I assure you I am not trying to play games.

I see, you messed up the quote tags. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2015, 07:31 PM
I have to chip in with this:

While Jason got off on the wrong foot, to a degree, I think he appears to at least make an honest attempt at intellectual integrity, and we should try to forgive accidental insults and give him the benefit of the doubt. It would be nice to have a thick-skinned, honest-minded theist in here again.

By the way, Jason, thanks for your service.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post