How do you love w/o obeying god?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: How do you love w/o obeying god?
First of all, I wish you don't get in any more troubles with enemies then the husband and his wife.

Quote:This is what Jesus teaches: He knows that enemy may never change. You or I can not change our enemies. But He knows that you or I have power to change ourselves.

What he knows is that most people are not capable, don't have the power or courage of satisfying they're hate against their enemies. So as they can't help the damage they suffered, they can only find a solution by "changing" themselves. Learn to live with it. It's much easier to forgive if you cannot get even.

[quote
Quote:]The following of this Jesus's teaching is NOT pointless even for those who do not believe in God/Jesus.
That would be true if the teaching was just to solve the "hate" problem, take away the bad feelings, anger, frustration etc.. It's better to deal with your enemy as clear minded as possible. But if the teachings includes passive acceptance and submission of harmful actions even if you have the power to do something about it, as Jesus supposedly did, they will not be followed. Not even by most people who believe in God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2015, 06:57 PM
(14-10-2015 06:22 PM)WillemRM Wrote:  But if the teachings includes passive acceptance and submission of harmful actions even if you have the power to do something about it, as Jesus supposedly did, they will not be followed. Not even by most people who believe in God.
Jesus didn't teach about passive acceptance and submission of harmful actions even if you have the power to do something about it.
Jesus was submissive because He had very special mission. And if you noticed before it was not time to leave the earth NOBODY could hurt Him. Nobody could hurt His disciples. But before He died He told His disciples that while they were with Him He protected them, they had everything they needed but now when He is about to leave them He said: sell your purses and buy yourself swords.
Why did He say this? He knew that they will be persecuted and they had to defend their families and themselves.
This is what Jesus was teaching.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Love is not a feeling. It is an action.
14-10-2015, 07:05 PM
(13-10-2015 03:15 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 02:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  I didn't kill anyone. I don't hate anyone. So, I can ask this question.
Because
1. they are not perfect
2. they follow false teachings/philosophies of men

You may not be doing the killing yourself, but your god endorses it.
The false teachings you speak of include all the man-made religions that claim divinity.
You cling to the ancient ideas of brutal, stupid people.
Why did an athiest kill several people in Oregon because they were Christians?
14-10-2015, 07:05 PM
(14-10-2015 07:01 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Love is not a feeling. It is an action.

Well said.
So, what is love? feeling? action? charity? service?
Jesus said that there is no greater love than to die for friends. (action)
So, sacrifice(action) is the highest expression of love.

14-10-2015, 07:07 PM
(14-10-2015 07:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 07:01 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Love is not a feeling. It is an action.

Well said.
So, what is love? feeling? action? charity? service?
Jesus said that there is no greater love than to die for friends. (action)
So, sacrifice(action) is the highest expression of love.
Exactly. When we put others ahead of ourselves we make sacrifices for no other reason than to show love for someone.
14-10-2015, 07:08 PM
(14-10-2015 07:05 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 03:15 PM)pablo Wrote:  You may not be doing the killing yourself, but your god endorses it.
The false teachings you speak of include all the man-made religions that claim divinity.
You cling to the ancient ideas of brutal, stupid people.
Why did an athiest kill several people in Oregon because they were Christians?

He was mentally ill person most likely. Illness doesn't care if someone an atheist or a believer.

[+] 3 users Like Alla's post
14-10-2015, 07:15 PM
(14-10-2015 07:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 07:05 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Why did an athiest kill several people in Oregon because they were Christians?

He was mentally ill person most likely. Illness doesn't care if someone an atheist or a believer.

That goes here.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-10-2015, 07:28 PM
(14-10-2015 07:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 07:05 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Why did an athiest kill several people in Oregon because they were Christians?

From what I read in the articles is that didn't have any history of mental illness. But he did have a history of hatred towards people of faith.
14-10-2015, 07:30 PM
(14-10-2015 07:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 07:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  He was mentally ill person most likely. Illness doesn't care if someone an atheist or a believer.

That goes here.
Smile