21-06-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: How do you prove something?
Yell. Loudly.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2016, 04:53 PM
By both agreeing to a defined demonstrated justified true belief about a subject.

But when you're talking about people in things they care about through measures with more attachments than merely the definable truths, that ain't so easily.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-06-2016, 05:08 PM
How do you prove something?
I was actually told to watch God is not dead. I would understand if I watched it.
21-06-2016, 05:17 PM
(19-06-2016 06:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 02:22 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  On another forum I am on a moderator said that slavery was not a black white issue, but that there was slavery before the present run of captured Africans, and any body that posted anything different would be banned and have their post deleted. That again is the way of a right wing believer to prove how right you are!

I don't know about the deleted thing, but it is true. There were slaves in ancient Greece and the East and in the Roman world and it had little to do with colour.

Just out of curiosity, what type of forum is it?

Oh I agree that slavery has been around forever, but his manner of proving his point was what I was trying to comment on.
But to answer your other question it is a forum for English speaking expats here in the Dominican Republic.
21-06-2016, 05:18 PM
(21-06-2016 05:08 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I was actually told to watch God is not dead. I would understand if I watched it.

So did you do as instructed?
21-06-2016, 06:45 PM
How do you prove something?
(21-06-2016 05:18 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(21-06-2016 05:08 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I was actually told to watch God is not dead. I would understand if I watched it.

So did you do as instructed?

Not yet. I don't want to watch the movie but my curiosity is pushing me to do it.
21-06-2016, 08:24 PM

For proof that there cannot be a loving god?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.