How do you shut down a profile?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 08:53 PM
How do you shut down a profile?
I think it's time to hang mine up. Nothing against anyone in particular. TTA is a little bit cliquey and I'm not sure I fit into the mix. Same feelings I had when I left back in June. I've also noticed a coldness to my posts sine making a few threads against further gun control legislation. I dunno. But I think it's time to go for good.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: How do you shut down a profile?
I would miss you Carlo...you aren't here enough IMHO.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-03-2013, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 09:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-03-2013 08:53 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  TTA is a little bit cliquey and I'm not sure I fit into the mix. Same feelings I had when I left back in June.

Seems like one of the least 'cliquey' forums I've been on to me.

(01-03-2013 08:53 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I've also noticed a coldness to my posts sine making a few threads against further gun control legislation. I dunno. But I think it's time to go for good.
(01-03-2013 09:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would miss you Carlo...you aren't here enough IMHO.

Ditto. The fuck I give a shit about your fascination with firearms BugSwatter, I know you ain't gonna turn them against me. And you know how to properly employ them. That's a good thing. ... Somebody needs to know how. ... The fuck is this?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Its ashame you feel like leaving. I suggest taking a break from the forum when you come back if you still feel the same I'll delete your profile. Sometimes a break from the forum can do a whole lot of good.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
01-03-2013, 09:30 PM
I detected cliquiosity when I first joined.

I lurked for a while.

Then, as I started getting used to the personalities here, I realised that it was just like any time you join a club or go to a party where you don't know anyone at first (small huddles of conversation going on) so you have to decide whether to join in and risk a cold shoulder or to stay on the sidelines and effectively cold-shoulder yourself.

Every so often you find yourself at odds with group opinion.

Then the choices are...
Find another group that agrees with you (leads to polarisation and ghetto-ism) or stay and debate (influence and be influenced).

I choose the latter as it expands my mind.

If you choose the former, then all I can say is godspeed Laughat and good luck.

Bear in mind that some of us (e.g. me) did not read the gun-related threads as it is not a topic that interests us (there is no gun problem in Singapore; it is not a 'fear' culture) so we will not have changed our opinion of you.

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
02-03-2013, 06:54 AM
I will miss you if you go, Carlo. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Nooooooo... I dunno, haven't been hanging out in your threads recently... but you're *sane*... argh... don't leave us all alone Carlo...
02-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Carlo - what I have read of yours I found interesting. The more people with well thought out positions and points of view the better this board becomes. I, for one, would like for you to stay.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post