How do you shut down a profile?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 08:53 PM
How do you shut down a profile?
I think it's time to hang mine up. Nothing against anyone in particular. TTA is a little bit cliquey and I'm not sure I fit into the mix. Same feelings I had when I left back in June. I've also noticed a coldness to my posts sine making a few threads against further gun control legislation. I dunno. But I think it's time to go for good.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: How do you shut down a profile?
I would miss you Carlo...you aren't here enough IMHO.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-03-2013, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 09:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-03-2013 08:53 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  TTA is a little bit cliquey and I'm not sure I fit into the mix. Same feelings I had when I left back in June.

Seems like one of the least 'cliquey' forums I've been on to me.

(01-03-2013 08:53 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I've also noticed a coldness to my posts sine making a few threads against further gun control legislation. I dunno. But I think it's time to go for good.
(01-03-2013 09:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would miss you Carlo...you aren't here enough IMHO.

Ditto. The fuck I give a shit about your fascination with firearms BugSwatter, I know you ain't gonna turn them against me. And you know how to properly employ them. That's a good thing. ... Somebody needs to know how. ... The fuck is this?

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Its ashame you feel like leaving. I suggest taking a break from the forum when you come back if you still feel the same I'll delete your profile. Sometimes a break from the forum can do a whole lot of good.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
01-03-2013, 09:30 PM
I detected cliquiosity when I first joined.

I lurked for a while.

Then, as I started getting used to the personalities here, I realised that it was just like any time you join a club or go to a party where you don't know anyone at first (small huddles of conversation going on) so you have to decide whether to join in and risk a cold shoulder or to stay on the sidelines and effectively cold-shoulder yourself.

Every so often you find yourself at odds with group opinion.

Then the choices are...
Find another group that agrees with you (leads to polarisation and ghetto-ism) or stay and debate (influence and be influenced).

I choose the latter as it expands my mind.

If you choose the former, then all I can say is godspeed Laughat and good luck.

Bear in mind that some of us (e.g. me) did not read the gun-related threads as it is not a topic that interests us (there is no gun problem in Singapore; it is not a 'fear' culture) so we will not have changed our opinion of you.

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
02-03-2013, 06:54 AM
I will miss you if you go, Carlo. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Nooooooo... I dunno, haven't been hanging out in your threads recently... but you're *sane*... argh... don't leave us all alone Carlo...
02-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Carlo - what I have read of yours I found interesting. The more people with well thought out positions and points of view the better this board becomes. I, for one, would like for you to stay.

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post