How do you spend your time?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2016, 10:35 AM
How do you spend your time?
Lately I've been doing a lot of reading. I set aside only a little time for mindless entertainment. I've found that it seems to make me content. Smile

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
08-04-2016, 10:40 AM
RE: How do you spend your time?
I read a lot. Cooking exotic meals also take some time, same as training. Occasionally when I need some lighter entertainment I use my Xbox One or just read some less ambitious stuff.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
08-04-2016, 10:42 AM
I am retired living on a tropical island, I get up about 9:00 AM and cook breakfast for self and my live in lady. Then lie around reading or hitting one of 4 different forums I consume my time by playing on. My lady cooks lunch and ater we eat we do the dishes together and we head for the beach. She is fifty one so I tease her about wearing a bikini, but with a DD she would probably never have done well in a bikini. Beach lasts until 3:30 or 4 and then we go home and one or gthe other of us makes dinner, or we order in a pizza or other such fare. evenings we do jigsaw puzzles or similar and oce a week or so we crack a bottle of whisky and go for it.
So that is how I spend my time.
[+] 6 users Like DerFish's post
08-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Reading
Wood carving
Wood working
Surfing TTA and other atheist forums
Surfing wood working, truck and automotive forums

Not necessarily in that order.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
08-04-2016, 10:52 AM
I watch shows about zombies Big Grin I do a lot of yoga, take some Krav Maga classes, I like to read, go to movies, museums, go see plays, go out to dinner, have a tequila, guac and chips night once a week. I like hiking and backpacking. Road trips are fun too. I like staying at "haunted" inns. I like using some online forums like TTA--I also go to backpacking, yoga, and vegan ones.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
08-04-2016, 11:38 AM
I take clarinet lessons on Mondays, play clarinet in one community band and a summertime band on Wednesdays, and play alto sax in a beginners' band and a jazz band on Saturdays.

On Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays a friend and I do renovations on My house. I also have season tickets to the local Symphony, usually for Friday nights.

In other spare time I garden, do music practice, cook or bake, work on crafts such as sewing or knitting (right now I have a quilt on the go), or play puzzle-type video games into the wee hours.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
08-04-2016, 11:39 AM
(08-04-2016 10:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Reading
Wood carving
Wood working
Surfing TTA and other atheist forums
Surfing wood working, truck and automotive forums

Not necessarily in that order.

I wanna buy a router with lots of bells and whistles. We gotta talk.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-04-2016, 11:43 AM
I spend my time smashing clocks with a hammer.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
Getting my hands dirty somehow............

Last couple days, it's been building an 4 foot high elevated base for a 500 gallon storage tank....... (translate to 4000 lbs of water).......

Good thing I've got a good supply of lumber....

The four corner legs are 6 x 6 ash..........

It'll hold....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
Aside from the typical every day stuff, I usually have two relatively short but intense workout sessions per day, go to noon Krav Maga class when my schedule permits, and then after everyone goes to bed I spend a few hours in the evening studying either foreign language or whatever other skills I've identified as something I'd like to know, whether it be practicing tying mountaineering knots or reading up on the next security related certification I intend to eventually test for. I also do volunteer work regularly. Lately it's been teaching English to (mostly Syrian) refugees.

When I actually have a day without shit to do, I like to hit the firing range whenever I get a chance and do various gun fighting drills or practice running through 3 gun courses, or if I happen to have a day off that's on a weekend taking my older son hiking/foraging and letting him get some practice on the junior compound bow I just got him a couple weeks ago.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post