How do you spend your time?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: How do you spend your time?
(08-04-2016 08:17 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 08:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I play guitar at least an hour a day, six days a week, often more. That leads into writing songs, which happens once every couple of weeks nowadays.

I don't read as much as I used to, but I enjoy reading history, science, and interesting bios. Not much on fiction, but I'll dig into a good novel.

I'm writing more lately -- the occasional letter, journaling (which might cover topical essays as well as "how my day went" sort of things),poetry, and lyrics for the music I write.

Outdoors, I love hiking. Central Texas has some really interesting geography and fossils galore, so that keeps the mind occupied as well as the muscles.

I recently started building a speaker cabinet for a guitar amp I'm buying, and having a lot of fun doing that ... pretty sure I found a new hobby.

I'm buying a new amp myself... Local shop's getting it in, fingers crossed it'll be here tomorrow.

I pulled the trigger on my second choice, a Peavey ValveKing MHII 20w head last night, only to get a call from the shipping GC that it had already been sold. I'll sit tight and wait for my first choice, an Egnater Tweaker 40, to show up at a good price. C'est la vie, no?

Happy NAD to you, bud.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2016, 08:49 PM
(08-04-2016 08:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 08:17 PM)Sam Wrote:  I'm buying a new amp myself... Local shop's getting it in, fingers crossed it'll be here tomorrow.

I pulled the trigger on my second choice, a Peavey ValveKing MHII 20w head last night, only to get a call from the shipping GC that it had already been sold. I'll sit tight and wait for my first choice, an Egnater Tweaker 40, to show up at a good price. C'est la vie, no?

I'm actually downsizing... I've played through a 40 watt Hot Rod Deluxe for about 6 or 7 years. That was fine when I played on my own, but now I'm with a band, its too loud to be practical. I never get the volume above 1, and the amp doesn't really start giving the goods until about 4 or 5.

So the local shop have got a 15 watt Blues Junior in for me... Master volume, single channel. Nice and simple. It'll save my back too. Big Grin

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
08-04-2016, 08:57 PM
(08-04-2016 08:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 07:56 PM)Sam Wrote:  I ain't getting it Tuesday... Gotta play some gigs first, earn some bread.

You test my patience Sam.

I don't think you realize Muffs... When I rage quit, I fucking RAGE QUIT.

I nearly murdered someone today because of a fucking stingwing on Fallout 4.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
08-04-2016, 09:52 PM
To be fair, I'd punch a baby in the face because of a stingwing.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-04-2016, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 06:14 AM by DLJ.)
Right now, I'm waiting at an airport on my way home.

I seem to do a lot of this. Also, I left my book in my hotel room so that's annoying.

I spend much of my time evaluating the benefits of promiscuity. Gotta say though that being with a different girl every night is getting tedious. Perhaps I'll go for two for a while.

In KL, I'm killing some spare hours at a local boutique school... thinking this might be the new internet-age education system so likely will devote more time to this and ease up on the paid work.

Like Dom, my apartment has a massage chair but I've only used it twice in over a year... too difficult to clean off all the body oil and there's no guarantee of a happy ending.

Angel

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
09-04-2016, 06:03 AM
(09-04-2016 05:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I spend much of my time evaluating the benefits of promiscuity. Gotta say though that being with a different girl every night is getting tedious. Perhaps I'll go for two for a while.

Angel

Mate, that's what happened to me. I only worked out the average at the end of one year, I think it was 1995. 5 women per week for the entire year. I was gigging since 1982 and used to be in a popular "boy band" back in the 80's. You can imagine.

I'm done. Luckily because I got old and ugly. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-04-2016, 09:12 AM
(08-04-2016 06:44 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 01:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Same! Bioware makes such great games (ive forgiven them for ME:3....mostly)

I loved DA:Inquisition.

ATM I'm playing Fallout 4 to death. I love it. Bethesda is also amazing.

I am still trying to forgive them for the almost masterpiece that was ME3, I could go on forever on how great 99% of that game is and how awful the last 1% was but that's ok at least ME2 is still there, being all awesome and perfect.

I played a little of Fallout 4 but never got really into it. I'll try again after this DAI playthrough.

You hurt my heart saying you didnt like Fallout 4! Tongue

As for ME 3 EXACTLY! Thats what made the ending so absolutely horrifyingly awful was the rest of the game was fantastic. Bah! Bioware ffs. Facepalm
09-04-2016, 09:30 AM
(08-04-2016 11:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 10:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Reading
Wood carving
Wood working
Surfing TTA and other atheist forums
Surfing wood working, truck and automotive forums

Not necessarily in that order.

I wanna buy a router with lots of bells and whistles. We gotta talk.

I've got a router that you can have cheap. It's barely used, like new. PM if interested.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
09-04-2016, 09:31 AM
(08-04-2016 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Cooking, cleaning and other stuff.

Does the fun never end? Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-04-2016, 09:48 AM
(09-04-2016 09:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 11:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I wanna buy a router with lots of bells and whistles. We gotta talk.

I've got a router that you can have cheap. It's barely used, like new. PM if interested.

How many output ports does it have? Tongue