Up your butt; with water
[Show Results]

How do you take pills?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: How do you take pills?
(12-11-2012 09:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 09:33 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I know I'm one of the few percentage of people that put the liquid in my mouth first... don't know why or how this started... I just always remember doing it. Maybe it was because I didn't want to taste the bitterness of the pill.

That's what I do too. I don't get why most people insist on putting dry, disgusting tasting things in their mouth. Put the water in first and you'll never know you took a pill - or how big it was or how many there were.
I do this too...started from my hating having a capsule stick to my tongue and having that nasty taste. Also easier to get the giant vitamins down.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM
I find that if I put the pill in first, it won't go down with the liquid. That's why I put liquid in first. Although its a bit awkward trying to put in the pill when your mouth is full of water Tongue
12-11-2012, 03:25 PM
(12-11-2012 11:12 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Depends on the amount, the kind of pill, and the temperature of the liquid.
But for the most part, I like to take a swig first then pop the handful of pills in my mouth, then look at my hand to make sure no little small ones got stuck in a finger crevice (yes I have finger crevices), then one more swig to make sure everything got washed down. Drinking Beverage
WTAF is a finger crevice?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2012, 03:32 PM
(12-11-2012 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 11:12 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Depends on the amount, the kind of pill, and the temperature of the liquid.
But for the most part, I like to take a swig first then pop the handful of pills in my mouth, then look at my hand to make sure no little small ones got stuck in a finger crevice (yes I have finger crevices), then one more swig to make sure everything got washed down. Drinking Beverage
WTAF is a finger crevice?

It's where the tiny little pills get stuck, of course.
[Image: 12186002137iSY2s.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-11-2012, 03:36 PM
(12-11-2012 10:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 09:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
I don't get why most people insist on putting dry, disgusting tasting things in their mouth.

Consider

Doritos?

That too!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-11-2012, 03:37 PM
My vitamines are liquid so that's that.
If by chance I take an ibuprofen, I'll have a drink or at least make certain I have sufficient saliva going on before I get that pill in there.

Years ago, I chewed aspirin just to see what it was like. I didn't mind it too much because it tasted the way I expected - pretty shitty. But recently I chewed an ibuprofen... ekh... horrible!

I think all medication should be offered in melt-away tabs like the Listerine breath strips. I've noticed someone has made zinc melt-away strips for the cold season. It's a good idea especially for children or people who have trouble swallowing. Plus, people can have fun pretending to drop acid. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-11-2012, 03:57 PM
(12-11-2012 03:37 PM)kim Wrote:  My vitamines are liquid so that's that.
If by chance I take an ibuprofen, I'll have a drink or at least make certain I have sufficient saliva going on before I get that pill in there.

Years ago, I chewed aspirin just to see what it was like. I didn't mind it too much because it tasted the way I expected - pretty shitty. But recently I chewed an ibuprofen... ekh... horrible!

I think all medication should be offered in melt-away tabs like the Listerine breath strips. I've noticed someone has made zinc melt-away strips for the cold season. It's a good idea especially for children or people who have trouble swallowing. Plus, people can have fun pretending to drop acid. Smile
Oh, that's true. Some meds are specifically made to be talken, "SL", or "sub-lingually". You are to put them under the tongue, and let them melt. Some heart meds, are SL...Lanoxin, and NTG, (Nitroglycerin). To a medical person the question posed has three answers,
p.o..or "per os", (by mouth), IV, (intravenously), and PR, (per rectum). Some meds, (like Tylenal suppositories for babies with high fevers, have to be given that way.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Why is there no "I insert them rectally" option?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
12-11-2012, 07:33 PM
(12-11-2012 07:32 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Why is there no "I insert them rectally" option?
With or without water?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
12-11-2012, 07:34 PM
(12-11-2012 07:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 07:32 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Why is there no "I insert them rectally" option?
With or without water?
Ugh, now it gets so complicated...

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post