How do you tell if people are losing interest in you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: How do you tell if people are losing interest in you
(06-09-2014 04:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I feel as if all people I know are losing interest in me. My friends seem to say hi but that is it, and that is if I say hi first. I seem to be no existent until I say hi as well. I mean I see them notice each other at the same time, many have people say hi to them first. I don't know what I did wrong to be such a loss of interest to them. Is there a psychological reason for it? I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

Aw, I'm sorry you're feeling down about this. But, I'm sure you did nothing ''wrong'' to warrant them treating you this way. Sometimes, friendships change. If you tried to be a good friend to these people, then that's all you can do. You can only be who you are, and there will be people out there who will cherish your friendship. I'm confident of that. I have had these types of things happen over the years, and it does hurt at the time. Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 09:33 PM
(06-09-2014 08:51 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  I wouldn't waste much time being concerned about these "friends". Just go out and meet new people.
It's better to be alone than in bad company.

How? If I can't interest them who said I can do anyone else? I seem to have 5 that are not bored with me (yet). I live in america, where science is not really enjoyed.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Go to atheist conventions. Make friends on this forum. Believe me, I am as lonely as I can be. I had to move to San Diego and I know just a few people, I have no friends or family here, and I am recently single.
I feel discouraged sometimes too. I also suffer from PTDS and I am being medically retired from military against my wishes. But I am trying to get a dog. I am sure that the dog will hold no religious beliefs.
I am sure my life sucks more than yours.Smile
06-09-2014, 10:21 PM
(06-09-2014 09:42 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  Go to atheist conventions. Make friends on this forum. Believe me, I am as lonely as I can be. I had to move to San Diego and I know just a few people, I have no friends or family here, and I am recently single.
I feel discouraged sometimes too. I also suffer from PTDS and I am being medically retired from military against my wishes. But I am trying to get a dog. I am sure that the dog will hold no religious beliefs.
I am sure my life sucks more than yours.Smile

I could care less about religion, when I am older I will move to japan, a country more into science. Only problem I have with me being single is that I want to cuddle something, but my cat does that for me. Big Grin An atheist convention I will never go to, seeing as what else is there to being an atheist besides not accepting the concept of deities.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-09-2014, 10:39 PM
(06-09-2014 08:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 08:09 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've lost friends like this... It's painful and leaves you confused.

I had two absolute best mates, who I'd do practically anything for... Suddenly, they wouldn't talk to me. Don't know why, but I blamed myself and got very depressed about it... I got the impression that they thought I was cramping their style by being the class clown... I just wanted to make them laugh.

Friends who just ditch you for no apparent reason aren't worth your time. Proper friends stick by you no matter what.

I do know why they are bored with me, hell my I was the only person nobody hugged when I went back to school.

I'm sure you weren't the only person.

I'll Hug ya...

Honestly I'd totally love being friends with you...I think you're interesting

Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Well, for being so young you are certainly set in your ways and cannot open your mind enough to even consider other people might have some good advice. You mope around with the ' feel sorry for me' puppy dog routine but yet fail to follow thru on any advice.

How many threads like this have you started? You are an attention whore always looking for sympathy for your lack of relationships but you are too stubborn to even try relating to others on their level.

You like to pretend you know it all, but then comes along a thread begging for advice, and you get it, only to ignore it.

You are becoming just like the clown.

You want something different in life? Then stand up, dust yourself off, drop your negative attitude and the chip on your shoulder and go talk to some real humans about THEM! No one gives a shit about all the facts you know because it doesn't give them any idea who YOU are.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
07-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Yeah man, you're an interesting dude...

Is there any voluntary work around, to do with wildlife and the environment? I'm sure you'd make lots of friends there.

I do a bit of amateur astronomy, which is about the nerdiest thing after Star Trek... But there are local societies where you can mingle with like minded people.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Thinking about this thread topic, I was reminded of when I "lost" a few friends since deconverting from Christianity. These former friends are Christian. And I remember suddenly not being invited to dinners or parties and felt like I had to jump through hoops to stay on their radar screens. Then it dawned on me that the only reason we were friends all those years was because we had religion in common. I want friends to like me for me. So, I stopped worrying about why I was being snubbed by these "friends," and moved on to make new ones. I also already had atheist friends so ...I just let go of those who didn't accept me.

You don't need to try to get people to like you...there are plenty of people out there who will cherish your friendship. I'm proof of that.

I hope things get better. Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
09-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Before self diagnosing yourself with depression, low self esteem, or other issues.... consider for a moment that perhaps you are surrounded by arseholes.
Change your life, try new things, pursue other interests...... BUY A HARLEY!
09-09-2014, 02:58 PM
(09-09-2014 02:50 PM)kiwihogfiend Wrote:  Before self diagnosing yourself with depression, low self esteem, or other issues.... consider for a moment that perhaps you are surrounded by arseholes.
Change your life, try new things, pursue other interests...... BUY A HARLEY!*

*Legal disclaimer: Never in fact buy a harley they are overpriced and under powered if not for the brand name they would have gone out of business 50 years ago. Buy Honda instead better quality more power more reliability.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post