How do you tell if something is designed by an intellect or not?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
03-10-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: How do you tell if something is designed by an intellect or not?
(03-10-2014 09:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  How? In what way? Where is this intellect?

Yes it is kinda hard to find intellect at the Thinkingatheist.com

Please feel free to look elsewhere for it then. Preferably ASAP.
Please don't waste any more of your profound pearls of wisdom on the swine.
Cool

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Question, are you american?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-10-2014, 10:02 PM
(03-10-2014 09:39 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  How do you not choke to death on hypocrisy that big as it leaves your mouth Mr. -42? Practice I would wager.

In terms of absolute rep....I have more than you. They don't boo nobodys you know.
03-10-2014, 10:03 PM
(03-10-2014 10:02 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 09:39 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  How do you not choke to death on hypocrisy that big as it leaves your mouth Mr. -42? Practice I would wager.

In terms of absolute rep....I have more than you. They don't boo nobodys you know.

Better a nobody than a fucking retard

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
03-10-2014, 10:09 PM
(03-10-2014 08:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Premise 2. Intellect is a thing.
Intellect is a conceptual view of certain specific underlying existent physical systems (things) e.g. brains.

Intellect isn't a thing in its own right. Without the emergence of a brain we didn't have an intellect.
In the early Big bang process we only had a very hot clump of sub atomic particles, there were no atoms, no compounds, no carbon, no carbon based life forms, no brains, no intellects.
Once things cooled down and hydrogen atoms began to form we still didn't have any brains. It took billions of years before brains formed. Intellect is just a conceptual view of the process of brains.
We can have, and have had a universe without brains and without any intellect. It took much time to pass before brains evolved.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
03-10-2014, 10:14 PM
(03-10-2014 10:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 08:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Premise 2. Intellect is a thing.
Intellect is a conceptual view of certain specific underlying existent physical systems (things) e.g. brains.

Intellect isn't a thing in its own right. Without the emergence of a brain we didn't have an intellect.
In the early Big bang process we only had a very hot clump of sub atomic particles, there were no atoms, no compounds, no carbon, no carbon based life forms, no brains, no intellects.
Once things cooled down and hydrogen atoms began to form we still didn't have any brains. It took billions of years before brains formed. Intellect is just a conceptual view of the process of brains.
We can have, and have had a universe without brains and without any intellect. It took much time to pass before brains evolved.

Apparently more time needs to pass for certain individuals whose initials are HJ

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-10-2014, 10:24 PM
(03-10-2014 10:02 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Facepalm It's not the amount of rep that matters it's the quality of that reputation you absolute colossal bellend.

I like the part where you totally avoid owning up to being a lying sack of shit. Laugh out load I'm just gonna assume you have no honest answer to any of the points I have raised like 7 fucking times. Feel free to keep hiding like a bitch, it's the kind of cowardice we expect from you Mr.-43.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
03-10-2014, 10:31 PM
(03-10-2014 10:24 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 10:02 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  In terms of absolute rep....I have more than you. They don't boo nobodys you know.

Facepalm It's not the amount of rep that matters it's the quality of that reputation you absolute colossal bellend.

I like the part where you totally avoid owning up to being a lying sack of shit. Laugh out load I'm just gonna assume you have no honest answer to any of the points I have raised like 7 fucking times. Feel free to keep hiding like a bitch, it's the kind of cowardice we expect from you Mr.-43.Drinking Beverage

That and negative numbers are lower than zero.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
03-10-2014, 10:40 PM
(03-10-2014 09:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  How? In what way? Where is this intellect?

Yes it is kinda hard to find intellect at the Thinkingatheist.com

So you have no coherent answer. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2014, 10:43 PM
(03-10-2014 10:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That and negative numbers are lower than zero.

Yes but to him it's a representation of the number of people listening to him blather one incoherently. The thinking of a drama whore. In the end though it's irrelevant, his arguments don't hold water in the slightest and that is all anyone is gonna take from this whole thread.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.