How do you tell if something is designed by an intellect or not?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
20-10-2014, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2014 09:04 PM by Chas.)
RE: How do you tell if something is designed by an intellect or not?
(20-10-2014 08:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 08:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Are you serious? You don't understand abiogenesis. There exist pre-biotic molecules that replicate. That is how it starts.

So your saying there is an infinite chain of pre-existing self replicating molecules....that it is turtles all the way down? Or that pre-biotic molecules have always existed?

Nah....you don't believe that....your just being clumsy because you are stooped.

Where did these first self replicating molecules come from? Abiogenesis is the idea that these self replicating molecules come into existence via some natural/unguided processes....which for some reason....eludes simulation.

Your abiogenesis simulator is an evolution simulator. It doesn't simulate abiogenesis. It simulates evolution by using a pre-designed seed molecules. At least that is what I can glean from the FAQ.

It does not 'elude simulation'. It is chemistry and environment.

Do you even Google? There is so much information on this that you must be trying to be wrong.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-10-2014, 09:10 PM
(20-10-2014 08:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 08:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Are you serious? You don't understand abiogenesis. There exist pre-biotic molecules that replicate. That is how it starts.

So your saying there is an infinite chain of pre-existing self replicating molecules....that it is turtles all the way down? Or that pre-biotic molecules have always existed?

Facepalm

No, that was not insinuated.

(20-10-2014 08:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Nah....you don't believe that....your just being clumsy because you are stooped.

Where did these first self replicating molecules come from? Abiogenesis is the idea that these self replicating molecules come into existence via some natural/unguided processes....which for some reason....eludes simulation.

Your abiogenesis simulator is an evolution simulator. It doesn't simulate abiogenesis. It simulates evolution by using a pre-designed seed molecules. At least that is what I can glean from the FAQ.

The self-replicating molecules are most likely to have formed due to an abundance of raw elements and basic reactive molecules in an environment conductive to reaction, like a high-energy environment. Early Earth would likely have been such an environment, due to intense heat and radiation, aided by constant bombardment by meteors containing compounds like water.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
20-10-2014, 09:13 PM
How do I tell?
I turn it over and look for the "Made in China" sticker.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-10-2014, 09:39 PM
(20-10-2014 08:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  It does not 'elude simulation'. It is chemistry and environment.

Do you even Google? There is so much information on this that you must be trying to be wrong.

Can you find a simulator which simulates the formation of a self replicating molecule and also simulates evolution happening to a lineage of such molecules?

I've looked...I don't think one exists.
20-10-2014, 10:56 PM
(20-10-2014 09:39 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 08:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  It does not 'elude simulation'. It is chemistry and environment.

Can you find a simulator which simulates the formation of a self replicating molecule and also simulates evolution happening to a lineage of such molecules?

Heywood didn't find anything he think disagrees with his assumed conclusion (how convenient), therefore his credulity continues unchecked.

How very (un)compelling Blowjob... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-10-2014, 11:07 PM
isn't this thread supposed to be dead by now ?
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
20-10-2014, 11:45 PM
(20-10-2014 10:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 09:39 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Can you find a simulator which simulates the formation of a self replicating molecule and also simulates evolution happening to a lineage of such molecules?

Heywood didn't find anything he think disagrees with his assumed conclusion (how convenient), therefore his credulity continues unchecked.

Pass that coffee, please. And maybe a book or magazine?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
21-10-2014, 12:13 AM
(20-10-2014 11:45 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 10:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Heywood didn't find anything he think disagrees with his assumed conclusion (how convenient), therefore his credulity continues unchecked.

Pass that coffee, please. And maybe a book or magazine?

Sorry, I only brought hot-coco and magic brownies. Tongue

[Image: Cheech-&-Chong-B.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-10-2014, 12:48 AM
(20-10-2014 08:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 08:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So your saying there is an infinite chain of pre-existing self replicating molecules....that it is turtles all the way down? Or that pre-biotic molecules have always existed?

Nah....you don't believe that....your just being clumsy because you are stooped.

It does not 'elude simulation'. It is chemistry and environment.

I've been saying that for a while now. A random word generator would be more likely to get something right just by chance. His ignorance is breath taking.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
21-10-2014, 05:50 AM
(20-10-2014 11:07 PM)Ace Wrote:  isn't this thread supposed to be dead by now ?

It came to life, formed of unliving components.

BJ's own thread disproves his stance.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post