How do you think you would respond to the news that you will never have sex again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2012, 01:07 PM
How do you think you would respond to the news that you will never have sex again?
(16-11-2012 06:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's not true that castration prevents erections or ejaculations. There is just no fertility.

However, the hormone levels go down and the desire may disappear.

Yup, speaking as a chemical castrate (yes, testosterone supplementation will effectively chemically castrate you 'cause the fellas go into hibernation once the hypothalamus and pituitary glands realize you got plenty of T floating around and they see no need to bother the gonads), erections and ejaculation don't need the fellas. Libido does need sufficient T but as long as a replacement source is available, the fellas are still irrelevant. And little tiny shriveled up raisinettes are far less vulnerable in a sumo match anyway. Big Grin

Hellbound's Dad could've received testosterone injections to help him out, but back in the stone age we thought T was responsible for prostate cancer. We now think it's estrogen.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 09:32 PM
RE:How do you think you would respond to the news that you will never have sex again?
It ain't news...

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-11-2012, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 11:21 PM by Buddy Christ.)
RE: How do you think you would respond to the news that you will never have sex again
Start having sex with little boys.

What's that? Oh, I'm sorry. I saw the thread title combined with the religious nature of the forum and just assumed we were talking about joining the clergy.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
20-11-2012, 08:32 PM
RE: How do you think you would respond
(16-11-2012 02:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  Just another day. There are much worse things to lose.
It depends on the person, some people connect sex with love and intimacy, and feel they'd really be missing out without it.

I don't, though. I'm celibate by choice, and have been so for over a decade. I liked sex (and was told that I had a "sex drive like a guy" but I can't deal with the annoying emotional drama in relationships, having to tell a guy I love him, having to kiss and cuddle and buy Valentine's Day gifts. I'd rather give up sex than waste my time on stuff like that. I understand other people are into the emotional aspects, but I'm not. So I never plan on having sex again on purpose, and it's a great relief to me every time I think about it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
20-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Screw this title.
A thought just occurred to me.

How do you think a sex addict would react to the news?\

And would you laugh?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
20-11-2012, 09:35 PM
(20-11-2012 09:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  A thought just occurred to me.

How do you think a sex addict would react to the news?\

And would you laugh?

Some addicts would be greatly relieved. I've known of addicts who willingly took Paxil, an antidepressant with a strong side effect of libido suppression. They've reported an easier time dealing with every routines instead of being fixated on sex.

No, I would not laugh.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Saw a doco on sex addicts once (60minutes ftw).
It can be a very serious problem for some people. One guy was spending all his money on prostitutes.
He was pretty much acting exactly like a meth addict (only thinking about getting money for his next fix) except with hookers.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-11-2012, 09:43 PM
:thumbsup:
Thumbsup Hoping for that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
26-11-2012, 02:13 AM
RE:How do you think you would respond to the news that you will never have sex again?
It all depends on when it happens in life. If it happens to a small child, he won't miss what he doesn't know about. It would just be something that as he gets older will know about, but won't be quite able to relate. If it happens to me now, it would make me crazy. I want to have at least one kid, hopefully two. If it happens 20 years from now and my kids are all grown up, I wouldn't care too much. Yes I would miss it a bit, but there are far worse things to lose.
26-11-2012, 07:23 AM
RE: How
The last time I got that news, I got a divorce. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post