How do you view us?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 05:50 PM
How do you view us?
I've noticed that as a moderator people probably see my posts differently that if I weren't a moderator. So I'm wanting to hear from everyone (all the regular users or lowly peasants) what they think.

I've always wondered about this and I think I understand it to some extent although now that I'm here as a moderator for so long it doesn't make sense anymore. I see myself as just another person, and don't like being treated/seen differently. I don't like that some people expect me to behave/act differently as a moderator.

There were times when I got sick of being treated differently and having expectations dumped on me all because of a stupid username color. I actually demoted and promoted my user account because of this on at least two occasions in my time here.

Believe it or not, I've actually been accused of being power mad. All I can say to that is: SIEG HEIL! Rolleyes

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
18-05-2013, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 06:28 PM by kim.)
RE: How do you view us?
You mean, we're supposed to think of you not nearly as dweeby as we do? I don't think I received this memo. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Whenever I go online, I go down to check on the "who's online" list. Colors don't mean anything, it's the usernames I look for. But then again, the username colors are quickly associated with who's online.

It's like looking at a bus from far, and if you know your number, and what direction you want to go in, matrixing the blob to associate it to the either my bus or not my bus happens a lot.

When it comes to people treating a color different, well... that's just racist.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
18-05-2013, 06:17 PM
I had no idea you were a moderator until just now, and you have no power over me anyway Drinking Beverage
Consider *rethinks statement*
Oh PLEASE don't ban me Master Bowing People outside this forum can be too stupid to breath! Weeping

Tongue

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
18-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I look at everyone with suspicion. It's easier that way.

Trust no one, everything is a conspiracy led by the power-hungry.

The pretty colors are to divert our attention from what's really going on.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
18-05-2013, 06:26 PM
I don't really even think about it. I'd have to go look up what all the different colours actually mean.

I guess at first the Colour thing was a little impressive but then I read some of your posts... Thumbsup

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-05-2013, 07:48 PM
The colours of my name are the same as the gay pride flag Drinking Beverage

You mods have it easy with your purple (well dark pink to be precise) colours Drinking Beverage

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-05-2013, 07:50 PM
(18-05-2013 07:48 PM)bemore Wrote:  The colours of my name are the same as the gay pride flag Drinking Beverage

You mods have it easy with your purple (well dark pink to be precise) colours Drinking Beverage

Amen brother. Undecided

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
18-05-2013, 08:04 PM
(18-05-2013 07:48 PM)bemore Wrote:  The colours of my name are the same as the gay pride flag Drinking Beverage

Chas's username colors remind me of a 1992 television set, when you stick you head right next to it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
18-05-2013, 08:24 PM
(18-05-2013 05:50 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I've noticed that as a moderator people probably see my posts differently that if I weren't a moderator. So I'm wanting to hear from everyone (all the regular users or lowly peasants) what they think.

The only time I see you as "different" is when you post in the capacity of moderator. Other than that you're just part of the uncleaned masses around here Cool

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce