How do you view us?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: How do you view us?
Oh, I don't view people like that. I recognize the colors, but that isn't how I break down the forum population.

I break it down something like this:

-The regulars
-The irregulars
-The regularizing (nublings Heart )
-The trolls (usually the temporary ones which get banned for sockpuppetry)
-The crazy basket cases (Egor, etc)
-The insufferable pricks/polluters of all things decent (FZU, Trainwreck, I&I)
-houseofcantor

I think that covers it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
18-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I love that HoC is in a category all his own!

'Course it could be no other way.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-05-2013, 12:22 AM
(18-05-2013 05:50 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I've noticed that as a moderator people probably see my posts differently that if I weren't a moderator. So I'm wanting to hear from everyone (all the regular users or lowly peasants) what they think.

I've always wondered about this and I think I understand it to some extent although now that I'm here as a moderator for so long it doesn't make sense anymore. I see myself as just another person, and don't like being treated/seen differently. I don't like that some people expect me to behave/act differently as a moderator.

There were times when I got sick of being treated differently and having expectations dumped on me all because of a stupid username color. I actually demoted and promoted my user account because of this on at least two occasions in my time here.

Believe it or not, I've actually been accused of being power mad. All I can say to that is: SIEG HEIL! Rolleyes

You're a moderator?

Good on you. I'm a Virgo.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like bbeljefe's post
19-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Who are you?

As a anti-elitist, I want all user names to be changed to grey. The same grey as the background.

Make it so.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
19-05-2013, 12:45 AM
(19-05-2013 12:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Who are you?

As a anti-elitist, I want all user names to be changed to grey. The same grey as the background.

Make it so.

The regular members already have the best color, Blue! Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
19-05-2013, 05:06 AM
(18-05-2013 05:50 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I've noticed that as a moderator people probably see my posts differently that if I weren't a moderator. So I'm wanting to hear from everyone (all the regular users or lowly peasants) what they think.

I've always wondered about this and I think I understand it to some extent although now that I'm here as a moderator for so long it doesn't make sense anymore. I see myself as just another person, and don't like being treated/seen differently. I don't like that some people expect me to behave/act differently as a moderator.

There were times when I got sick of being treated differently and having expectations dumped on me all because of a stupid username color. I actually demoted and promoted my user account because of this on at least two occasions in my time here.

Believe it or not, I've actually been accused of being power mad. All I can say to that is: SIEG HEIL! Rolleyes
You know what? I admire you and have a respect to you. This is the finest forum I've ever been on. Technically top notch, well-maintained, with good crew.

I just think some of the mods or programmers lost contact with reality. They removed a very useful function that allowed me to backtrack on all the threads I've ever posted in, and see if there were any updates. I'd say this is the most interesting thing, to see what people replied to me. Not so much the new posts or topics.

It is sad because even very badly programmed forums have this function. Now I most of the time post just once and never find that topic ever again, or I have to keep the page opened up in the browser and refresh it ocassionally. It sucks, it ruined half of the forum experience. How could the gods do that to me? How comes nobody is screaming bloody murder? Frusty

My theory is, that they do, but due to lack of that function they can't backtrack to where they protested and protest some more.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
19-05-2013, 06:14 AM
I had no clue and really don't care. I read what interests me and try to stay out of the bitching and arguing threads. Simple as that.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
19-05-2013, 07:09 AM
(19-05-2013 06:14 AM)smidgen Wrote:  I had no clue and really don't care. I read what interests me and try to stay out of the bitching and arguing threads. Simple as that.

I'm really new here. I hadn't even NOTICED that names were different colors, (except for those few that are rainbow colored.)

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
19-05-2013, 08:04 AM
I thought mods were here to serve us? Huh

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-05-2013, 08:42 AM

Hasn't it already been established that the forum is just you with a fuck-tonne of sock-puppets?

Why are you talking to yourself about your self-consciousness?
You should be pro-tips for that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.