RE: How do you view us?
Mods just get an extra ration of shit, that's all. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2013, 09:04 AM
(19-05-2013 05:06 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 05:50 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I've noticed that as a moderator people probably see my posts differently that if I weren't a moderator. So I'm wanting to hear from everyone (all the regular users or lowly peasants) what they think.

I've always wondered about this and I think I understand it to some extent although now that I'm here as a moderator for so long it doesn't make sense anymore. I see myself as just another person, and don't like being treated/seen differently. I don't like that some people expect me to behave/act differently as a moderator.

There were times when I got sick of being treated differently and having expectations dumped on me all because of a stupid username color. I actually demoted and promoted my user account because of this on at least two occasions in my time here.

Believe it or not, I've actually been accused of being power mad. All I can say to that is: SIEG HEIL! Rolleyes
You know what? I admire you and have a respect to you. This is the finest forum I've ever been on. Technically top notch, well-maintained, with good crew.

I just think some of the mods or programmers lost contact with reality. They removed a very useful function that allowed me to backtrack on all the threads I've ever posted in, and see if there were any updates. I'd say this is the most interesting thing, to see what people replied to me. Not so much the new posts or topics.

It is sad because even very badly programmed forums have this function. Now I most of the time post just once and never find that topic ever again, or I have to keep the page opened up in the browser and refresh it ocassionally. It sucks, it ruined half of the forum experience. How could the gods do that to me? How comes nobody is screaming bloody murder? Frusty

My theory is, that they do, but due to lack of that function they can't backtrack to where they protested and protest some more.

Scroll up to where it says welcome back, click your username to go to your profile. Scroll down to your info. You can click 'find all posts' to see where you've gone. Or all threads, all likes received, all likes given, etc etc Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
19-05-2013, 09:06 AM
(19-05-2013 08:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  I thought mods were here to serve us? Huh

Hey Dom,

What do you call a retarded mod?

Big Grin

19-05-2013, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2013 10:12 AM by Luminon.)
(19-05-2013 09:04 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Scroll up to where it says welcome back, click your username to go to your profile. Scroll down to your info. You can click 'find all posts' to see where you've gone. Or all threads, all likes received, all likes given, etc etc Big Grin
This is what I mean, someone spent their time programming these useless little functions. The link you say shows all my posts but not if the thread has been updated. And it shows single posts, not the threads as a whole. The "find all threads" function finds only the threads I have started, not all the threads I have posted in. Hence, both links don't get the job done.

I request a very specific function,
- list of all the threads I've posted in
- see (bolded) if they were updated.

Very, very simple thing. This forum never had it, except when I searched my username in the search page. Awkward to search my username dozen times a day, but it worked. Now the search page is gone and there is that Google custom search bullshit.
19-05-2013, 10:15 AM
(19-05-2013 10:09 AM)Luminon Wrote:  This is what I mean, someone spent their time programming these useless little functions. The link you say shows all my posts but not if the thread has been updated. And it shows single posts, not the threads as a whole. The "find all threads" function finds only the threads I have started, not all the threads I have posted in. Hence, both links don't get the job done.

I request a very specific function,
- list of all the threads I've posted in
- see (bolded) if they were updated.

Very, very simple thing. This forum never had it, except when I searched my username in the search page. Awkward to search my username dozen times a day, but it worked. Now the search page is gone and there is that Google custom search bullshit.

The other search function is back.

We've had both of them there for the last week or two.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
19-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Hey there, Lumi,

If I had known that one was able to do that, I too would be upset that I now couldn't.

That would indeed be a useful feature.

I've been doing as LJ described which can be a bit tedious i.e. to keep checking for replies that aren't there.

I think that the proper procedure would be to put in a formal request here...
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-Comments

19-05-2013, 10:32 AM
(19-05-2013 12:22 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 05:50 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I've noticed that as a moderator people probably see my posts differently that if I weren't a moderator. So I'm wanting to hear from everyone (all the regular users or lowly peasants) what they think.

I've always wondered about this and I think I understand it to some extent although now that I'm here as a moderator for so long it doesn't make sense anymore. I see myself as just another person, and don't like being treated/seen differently. I don't like that some people expect me to behave/act differently as a moderator.

There were times when I got sick of being treated differently and having expectations dumped on me all because of a stupid username color. I actually demoted and promoted my user account because of this on at least two occasions in my time here.

Believe it or not, I've actually been accused of being power mad. All I can say to that is: SIEG HEIL! Rolleyes

You're a moderator?

Good on you. I'm a Virgo.

Funny, I would have thought libra. Wink

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-05-2013, 10:57 AM
(19-05-2013 10:15 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  The other search function is back.

We've had both of them there for the last week or two.
It's back? Oh, I see! Sorry, I've been busy, I didn't notice. Thank you, mods!

(19-05-2013 10:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Hey there, Lumi,

If I had known that one was able to do that, I too would be upset that I now couldn't.

That would indeed be a useful feature.

I've been doing as LJ described which can be a bit tedious i.e. to keep checking for replies that aren't there.

I think that the proper procedure would be to put in a formal request here...
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-Comments
I think I'll put a request in there. It would be wonderful to have this search function on main page with just one link, one click. On the Rational Responders forum they even initially named it "Super Tracker", because it's so useful.
19-05-2013, 11:17 AM
(19-05-2013 10:32 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 12:22 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  You're a moderator?

Good on you. I'm a Virgo.

Funny, I would have thought libra. Wink

[Image: gary-coleman-as-arnold-diffrent-strokes-...40-480.jpg]

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
19-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Don't really think about it to be honest.