How does ISIS do it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 07:13 PM
How does ISIS do it?
How does ISIS overtake military bases and installations? Do they outnumber them? Are they using gorilla war tactics? Is their intelligence program better than the military's? Do the majority in that region support ISIS?

How are they doing it? Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: How does ISIS do it?
Gorilla tactics?!

I'll give them points for innovation at least...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 5 users Like CiderThinker's post
29-08-2014, 07:19 PM
So far their tactic for attacking hardened targets has been waves of suicide attackers to create openings and infiltration through the breaches. As they acquire heavier equipment, who knows.

Most of the opposing forces (ie, the Syrian and Iraqi armies) have pretty low morale and cohesion.

So far the Iraqis have mostly been able to retreat - and they have, because whatever they're nominally fighting for, they'd rather live.

The SAA bases in eastern Syria, it's a little different - although they might now realize that surrender isn't an option against ISIS, they're still stuck in isolated bases under siege.
(and sieges have only ever been a matter of time, for the last six thousand years...)

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
29-08-2014, 07:42 PM
I just read a news story about how a seized laptop from the ISIS had plans to weaponize bubonic plague and use those weapons.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
29-08-2014, 08:12 PM
This world would be a lot better if no country had a military and there could be no war

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-08-2014, 08:19 PM
(29-08-2014 08:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This world would be a lot better if no country had a military and there could be no war

You realise ISIS is not a national military and said national militaries are all that stand between them and wholesale slaughter.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-08-2014, 08:21 PM
(29-08-2014 08:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This world would be a lot better if no country had a military and there could be no war

You realise ISIS is not a national military and said national militaries are all that stand between them and wholesale slaughter.

Then I wish the isis was gone too.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-08-2014, 09:53 PM

Well maybe if parents stopped spanking their children...
[+] 11 users Like earmuffs's post
29-08-2014, 09:54 PM
(29-08-2014 09:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Well maybe if parents stopped spanking their children...

Have you heard the word of the Prophet Molyneux (pbuh)?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-08-2014, 09:56 PM
(29-08-2014 09:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 09:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well maybe if parents stopped spanking their children...

Have you heard the word of the Prophet Molyneux (pbuh)?

It warms the cockles of my bitter, cynical heart to see that usage spread.

May your words be blessed.
(by the Prophet Molyneux (pbuh), and his True Believing Apostles...)

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post