How does this happen?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2017, 12:04 PM
RE: How does this happen?
It's simple.

Would you rather buy, say, a chair from the distributor, or after it has gone through 5 more hands, each of those making a handsome profit on it?

You're gonna pay half when you buy from the distributor.

That's the difference.

Whether you call the price fee or tax or payment is irrelevant.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
12-09-2017, 12:19 PM
(12-09-2017 11:55 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  The people against this stuff scare people by adding up all that and saying "OMG looks what happens to taxes!"
It's a red herring. You are just replacing these fuckers at the insurance companies.
Personally I couldn't give one fuck what you call it. It's the same fucking thing. But with a single payer system you go to any doctor or hospital you want. And there isn't a giant swollen tick sucking as much as it can between my money and my health care. And because health insurance is not needed the insurance companies sell supplemental insurance for dirt cheap. Like $25 a paycheck that gets you free glasses and chiropractic and massages, and health club membership and all sorts of other stuff.
But it's the end of the party for the health care industry and big pharma.
They are behind the disinformation.

And added to that - when you pay whatever you owe the hospital that isn't covered by insurance, you are paying for your care plus a part of what the hospital pays for its own insurance plus what the hospital pays to care for patients without insurance. In the end, everyone pays for the uninsured to get (low-quality) health care, taxes or not.
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
12-09-2017, 12:27 PM
This country is so fucking divided that they can't even get together on the basic concept of insurance.
The healthy resent the sick.
How fucked up have people become?
Fundamentally this is the difference.
In Canada people see having the Government manage health care as the people running things.
In the US the idea of the Government managing health care is the fucking Government running health care.
And sadly the real reason why most people hate Government is because it only works for the benefit of wealthy corporations like the health care industry.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
12-09-2017, 12:45 PM
How does this happen?

It's a matter of principle. The principle being that US healthcare is a non-essential service.

If you want to maintain control (Leviathan-style), you don't outsource your essential services or processes.

But the current system is a Republican-Libertarian view of the world ... that of privateers.

Note, at only 1 minute and 34 seconds into this, Ryan gives the game away. He sees the US people as a market. And wants to deregulate this further.

Deregulation is a synonym for piracy.

It's built into the system because the US has a pay-to-play / lobbyist system which leads to a Pareto distribution (the rich get richer until the guillotines go up).

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
12-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Almost make one believe in the "reptile people" stuff.
I mean you wonder how people can get this fucking evil.
It's X Files shit.
The black oil.
Human beings just aren't this callous.
It takes gene splicing to achieve this level of reptile mind

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
12-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Maybe I'm weird but I consider people who are in health care...are actually in the business of health care. this would include the salary of a CEO of a hmo or ppo or whatever...

Now, I haven't looked at the whole list in any detail. But CVS health is a retail chain that has a pharmacy. Some do have nurse practitioners and offer flu shots...

Many on the list are pharmaceutical companies, some are involved with cancer research...

Aetna and I believe Cigna are HMOs so I believe they count as being part of health care...

I just feel many on this list are just picking nits.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-09-2017, 02:35 PM
I have been saying for quite some time.

The ACA is corporate welfare.

It forces people to participate, despite a lack of need - to make sure the insurance companies make a nice profit.

Until you take the monster profit motives out of health care - it will continue to be all about the money - rater than keeping people healthy.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-09-2017, 03:20 PM
(12-09-2017 02:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The ACA is corporate welfare.

It forces people to participate, despite a lack of need - to make sure the insurance companies make a nice profit.

That's rather cynical in my opinion, although you do have a point that for-profit insurance companies are not the best way to run a health system. Are you in favor of single-payer then?

Are the insurance companies actually getting the extra money pulled into the system? Many seem to be withdrawing from the system because they are not seeing the same kinds of profits as before. As I understand it, most of the money is going from the younger, healthier people to the older, unhealthier people who previously couldn't afford insurance. That was the way the system was supposed to work.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
12-09-2017, 03:34 PM
The only way that health care becomes less expensive, is to quit paying a bunch of people who don't provide health care big salaries - for simply being part of the "health care industry".

I am actually for a two tier medical system.

The basic theory - if you want the absolute best care available - you pay for it. It goes without saying that elective surgeries and the like fall into the same group.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-09-2017, 03:36 PM
(12-09-2017 03:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The only way that health care becomes less expensive, is to quit paying a bunch of people who don't provide health care big salaries - for simply being part of the "health care industry".

I am actually for a two tier medical system.

The basic theory - if you want the absolute best care available - you pay for it. It goes without saying that elective surgeries and the like fall into the same group.

That sounds like Medicare for all to me, since Medicare is supplemented with extra insurance.

Problem solved.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post