How easy is it to fool someone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2013, 07:40 PM
How easy is it to fool someone?
It's relatively easy to fool people, and don't think you're special. Your bravado on how incompetent others are and how intelligent you are makes you weak and vulnerable to deception. You are a human, and humans can be easily fooled. Never forget that.

I will add more on this subject because it seems to me that there is widespread foolishness on these forums. This thread will dedicated to the study of how others are deceived. Feel free to contribute if you wish. Even if it is against me, for I have been fooled I would wish to know greatly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 07:53 PM by PoolBoyG.)
RE: How easy is it to fool someone?
I take it this is meant to beef up the conspiracy posts (9/11, sandy hook).
Quote:humans can be easily fooled.
Humans also have a desire to have things explained to them in the most simplistic way.

Take a little bit of truth, add little bits of other information, and outright lies. The goal being to give the illusion that something outside of reality is at least "possible". Sprinkle in paranoia to immunize yourself from information that says otherwise (they're corrupt, they can't be trusted, everything is up in the air, anything could be true, but you know better, you're special)

Conspiracy theorists, the religious - they all operate in a similar way.
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post
18-01-2013, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 08:20 PM by Nappa.)
(18-01-2013 07:48 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  I take it this is meant to beef up the conspiracy posts (9/11, sandy hook).
Quote:humans can be easily fooled.
Humans also have a desire to have things explained to them in the most simplistic way.

Take a little bit of truth, add little bits of other information, and outright lies. The goal being to give the illusion that something outside of reality is at least "possible". Sprinkle in paranoia to immunize yourself from information that says otherwise (they're corrupt, they can't be trusted, everything is up in the air, anything could be true, but you know better, you're special)

Conspiracy theorists, the religious - they all operate in a similar way.
I believe this thread can be mutually beneficial to both parties.

If a simple explanation is all you desire,
then religion is the one you should admire,
for it is religion that explains things the simplest,
but sometimes simple is not the answer best,

For any one atheist here could tell,
that they looked for explanations instead,
and in doing so parting ignorance's veil,
but they shouldn't let this go to their head,

Many other explanations we must look for,
we can not rely on the first thing we're told,
rather we must seek to understand our very core,
and to question even the things dear we hold.

How does it feel to have a poem made just for you? Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Nappa's post
18-01-2013, 08:41 PM
The biggest truths about life you wont find "out there" but within yourself(and I dont mean that to sound new agey or anything, more like quiet reflection)

Whats the point in trying to "prove" anything, really? Whos benefit is it for? Yours... the other persons.... humanity?

I dont speak about my beliefs within conspiracy that much anymore, its pointless, it doesnt change anything and people just judge you on it and think your crazy.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-01-2013, 09:10 PM
(18-01-2013 08:41 PM)bemore Wrote:  The biggest truths about life you wont find "out there" but within yourself(and I dont mean that to sound new agey or anything, more like quiet reflection)

Whats the point in trying to "prove" anything, really? Whos benefit is it for? Yours... the other persons.... humanity?

I dont speak about my beliefs within conspiracy that much anymore, its pointless, it doesnt change anything and people just judge you on it and think your crazy.
If not for the benefit of others, then for the benefit of myself.
01-02-2013, 03:16 AM
Well if we can find out their weakness then it's very easy to fool them but sometimes it may cause a huge disaster and we have to be careful when using others weakness.

Garden offices usually constructed with severalroom in the garden
01-02-2013, 03:59 AM
It's true. As long as you're the one aware of what's going on, you can fool anyone. Ah. But it takes a special talent to manipulate people without them knowing about it.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
01-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Yes Jesus loves me..
We are all fools..
The Bible tells me so..

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
02-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Reminds me of a saying: You may be able to fool others, but you can never fool yourself.

Regards,
Lucius

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
03-02-2013, 03:22 PM
(18-01-2013 07:40 PM)Nappa Wrote:  It's relatively easy to fool people, and don't think you're special. Your bravado on how incompetent others are and how intelligent you are makes you weak and vulnerable to deception. You are a human, and humans can be easily fooled. Never forget that.

I will add more on this subject because it seems to me that there is widespread foolishness on these forums. This thread will dedicated to the study of how others are deceived. Feel free to contribute if you wish. Even if it is against me, for I have been fooled I would wish to know greatly.
You are prolly one of the sickest dudes I've come across, and I've come across a few! Evil_monster