How good are you at exercising this virtue?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: How good are you at exercising this virtue?
I kill my ex-wife with kindness, the kids are worth it....

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

"You know the difference between a cult and a religion? In a cult, the guy at the top knows it is BS, and in a religion that guy is dead". Dusty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
28-07-2014, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2014 09:08 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Yeah that's the best thing to do if you are able to. I try to figure that everyone is justified in their own mind and they feel like the good guy in their reality, and everyone is seeking something they feel they need, and that can help to not desire revenge.

I try also to not take it personally but to just see myself as one insignificant person in passing in that person's life. Because, really, in view of all the horror in the world, the wrongs done to me are tiny and insignificant. I can die and the World is going to go on unaware of it and certainly not be missing me.

don't know if that's healthy but it can help me to deal with heartache and allow a humble and meek disposition toward those who offend me when I focus on my insignificance.
28-07-2014, 11:28 AM
I forgive people if I want to forgive them. I don't feel this is something I have to do however. I don't see the virtue in loving and forgiving someone who has done something awful to me if I dont want to or feel its inappropriate.

However, I am also a big fan of trying to be nice to people (even if I dont particularly like them) They are still people. Obviously this doesnt work 100 percent of the time but I do try.

The Out Crowd.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
28-07-2014, 07:27 PM
(27-07-2014 04:09 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Have you been able to do this?
No.No

I don't know everything, but I'm working on it.
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
28-07-2014, 07:50 PM
For the most part I forgive people. Sort of depends on how often they screw up and how legitimately sorry they seem for their actions. I do my best to be nice to everyone because I feel like there's enough assholes in the world, nevertheless, I won't act quite as kindly to someone that has repeatably done wrong or does not seem to care about how their actions effect others. I'll be willing to help that person who repeatedly screws up out if they need help but I keep my mind open. That if they try to do something to take advantage of my kindness or mess up in some big way, I'll be mentally prepared to deal with it. For instance, say there's a person at work that, while they're good at their job, is very good at putting off things and taking long breaks. If that someone asks me to help them make food, I'll help but keep looking up. If I see that person takes long breaks to talk to customers, I'll do a decent chunk of the work, tell them I have to return to my task, and not feel sorry about it walking out of the kitchen and back to the job I was doing. If they ask, I'll tell them why, if not, then we simply go on with the day and we'll probably forget about it the next day and it'll be normal. I will not have my kindness walked over so that a person can chill out while I do their shit but I will not hate them for that.

I guess I'm like quite a few people here. Shit happens. Shrug your shoulders and move on with life. No one's perfect, we all screw up. Life's too short to worry about it too much.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
29-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Love is not the same as forgiveness.
We can forgive some one and still feel happy about jailing them.
It's pretty much an intentionality thing.
Hatred makes us feel inwardly unhappy....not a good result.

Love is sometimes confused with lust.
Hatred sucks us in......better a kind of feelingless ignoring.....
......along with the perpetrator getting their just punishment.

Not at all easy of course.................maybe you need to be a god to do it!Angel

"Lean,keen, and so serene"~~~