How hard can it be to kill an unarmed person?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: How hard can it be to kill an unarmed person?
(26-02-2012 10:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-02-2012 10:40 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I'd kill him. Would it be easy? No. Would I do it? Yes. Would I cut his throat? Not likely, if you've ever seen that happen its pretty fucked and I'd be more likely to do it another way.

Like what? Bore him to death with your jokes?

Tongue

I'd have to agree. Zat, if you just asked, would I be able to kill a tied up unarmed man, then the answer is no. But in this war time scenario, soldier against soldier, to save the lives of my buddies? Most likely.

BURN! Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
29-02-2012, 08:17 AM
(26-02-2012 08:12 PM)bemore Wrote:  You said it was based on a true story Zat........so what did they do in the end???

Sorry bemore, I just noticed your question.

Not one of them could do it. They argued among themselves, there were several aborted decisions and eventually they got captured.
29-02-2012, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 09:25 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
The options don't really make sense, because the situations makes no sense. Why would you need to kill the guy? How would he know which way you went?

(26-02-2012 09:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Knock him the fuck out, gag 'im an screw; what I calculate from my Monday morning armchair.

I agree. Gag him, blindfold him, and knock his ass out.

(29-02-2012 08:17 AM)Zat Wrote:  
(26-02-2012 08:12 PM)bemore Wrote:  You said it was based on a true story Zat........so what did they do in the end???

Not one of them could do it. They argued among themselves, there were several aborted decisions and eventually they got captured.

If this actually happened as you described, then I am thinking these men decided to get captured. The story just isn't plausible.
Maybe being a PoW was a better option to them than fighting.
29-02-2012, 10:53 PM

Did any survive their capture?

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
01-03-2012, 04:00 AM
(29-02-2012 10:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Did any survive their capture?

I would assume so, otherwise there wouldnt be a story.
01-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Hmmm... Knocking him out surely seems like the ethical thing to do, but again, watching from a distance, not when you're actually there.

Beating him unconscious is noisy and inhumane. You're pretty much left with a strangle hold or a hard blow at the back of the head. If I try a strangle hold, he is very likely to play unconscious way sooner than he actually feels the effect. If I overdo it, I choke him to death. AND he wakes up quickly enough from a strangle knock out.

Blow to the head, same thing: Unless I crush his skull in, I can't be sure that he's really out. How hard DO you have to hit a guy with the butt of your gun to knock him out without killing him? And did you see any kind of fighting sports? It doesn't take all that long to wake up from a knock out.

At gunpoint he won't dare to scream through his nose, but as soon as we leave him he will certainly start. If he's within hearing distance of his mates, he has to go. I would go with choke to death or break the neck with a sudden and strong twist of his head. I prefer the second because he doesn't need to see it coming. If you absolutely must be messy, slit throat, stab to the heart or stab at the back of the neck (to cut the spinal cord) are the most obvious and painless solutions (assuming that you don't miss the first blow and you hit hard enough). Again, the most merciful way is the fastest one that he doesn't see coming. A machete or an ax would destroy enough of the brain in one blow to make death sudden and hopefully before he feels too much of it.

Either way, surrender now or do what needs to be done. If you wait long enough, the decision will make itself and not in your favor.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
01-03-2012, 07:29 AM
(29-02-2012 10:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did any survive their capture?

They all did.

I read the story (a very long time ago) in the autobiography of one of the soldiers.

The event took place in France, days after D-Day. The soldiers were American and the enemy they captured was German. He was their age (19-22) and looked like them, except for the uniform. They were all scared, captors and captive alike. They recognized their common humanity and could not butcher an unarmed man. They hesitated too long and were found by another German unit on the next day.

I forgot both the title and the Author's name -- it was decades ago I read it.

I'll see if I can find a link to the full story
02-03-2012, 11:52 PM
What a crap situation, you’d have to kill him right off when your blood was up or you never would I spose.
I don’t think I could kill someone in cold blood, I doubt I could kill anyone regardless though…
I mean, (discounting psychological issues) how angry or scared would you have to be?

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
08-03-2012, 09:34 AM
War is war. There's very little room for compassion unfortunately.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
08-03-2012, 09:39 AM
In a time of war I don't have a problem with killing someone who has apparently volunteered to die for his country. I woudln't cut his throat but I might choke him out.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post