How has this election affected your relationships?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2016, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2016 08:05 PM by ShadowProject.)
RE: How has this election affected your relationships?
I unfollow people on FB. I don't mind intelligent political discourse, but when I see words like Libtard, LibNut, Killary, etc., your ass gets hidden.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2016, 08:02 PM
My parents live locally, and I see them at least weekly. Sometimes I'd rather not, but it's not about politics. However, I will say that my mother is a real chatterbox, and a serious hater of anything Republican.

Me? I have respect for the right of all Americans to believe as they well. I am voting Hillary, but thjere are people across the spectrum that are voting Hillary, so that's not saying much.

Most of my FB contacts are gaming partners, for Pearl's Peril. Most are conservative. It is what it is. I need them for the game. None of them are #WN or #AltRight that it appears. But most are #1A, and many are #2A.

I evaluate the people and issues as I need to at that time. I am Independent, because I don't want to be pidgeonholed.
31-10-2016, 08:14 PM
I was rid of faceass five years ago. I've never looked back. I don't ask my friends whom they're voting for, either. It isn't polite.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
31-10-2016, 08:18 PM
(31-10-2016 06:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  There are a few people on FB that I don't hear from anymore. They may have blocked or unfriended me.
Not sure if it's politics or religion though.

Thanks for reminding me, I’m going to unfriend you for both. Tongue

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
31-10-2016, 08:25 PM
I don't do social media so I don't have to deal with any of it concerning most of my family and friends. My in-laws, however, are staunch Trump supporters and a daily interaction.

I've twice gotten into heated conversation with them on the matter, the last being this Saturday. I am great at holding my tongue unless I've had some liquid encouragement, and I had.

I was surprised because my wife was the one that initially prompted the conversation because she hates getting into it with her parents, but she is astounded by the fact that her otherwise smart and caring parents can be supporting someone like Trump. They are only toeing the party line, but they defend it to the end.

The conversation didn't go well, my mother in law essentially ended it by claiming that it was her decision and we were being intolerant by chastising her for it. I almost felt bad for a second

In the end, the conversation ended and we went on to talk about other things, this stupid shit isn't going to get in the way of the love we have for each other, we're all better than that.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
01-11-2016, 05:50 AM
Quote:The conversation didn't go well, my mother in law essentially ended it by claiming that it was her decision and we were being intolerant by chastising her for it. I almost felt bad for a second

Intolerant?
It's not intolerant to call out bullshit. It's called calling out bullshit.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-11-2016, 08:18 AM
I haven't posted on FB, Twitter, or Instagram in a long time, other than the random Tweet about sports teams. I unfollowed most people that leaned right on FB but didn't unfriend them. My wife however posted last night she voted for Clinton, which I'm dreading a bit because of Thanksgiving coming up and my family especially is all right wing (though I don't think many of them like Trump). But we still have FB friends from when we went to church and last night one replied to her post and it was all about how Hillary isn't for freedom of everyone because she supports abortion. My wife started to get into it but I told her there's no point. This idiot is a one issue voter and all he was doing was trying to goad her into a fight. So she deleted his comments.

FB really needs a way to disable comments on posts.
01-11-2016, 08:52 AM
I've quietly unfollowed a bunch of people, won't unfriend them, but for now, just don't want to see their shit for now.

I'm tired of the pissing match.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-11-2016, 09:13 AM
(31-10-2016 07:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  People in my life are too stupid to have a decent conversation about the election with.
Though not to stupid that they support Trump. Even New Zealand's idiots can see what a cuntturd Trump is and yet the American idiots grovel at his feet at the hope that they get even a chance to suck on his tiny orange dick.

So it hasn't effected my relationship with anyone.
It has however opened my eyes to how passionate my boss (who's American) is about hating Trump though. Tongue
Watching the news one lunch break, he comes in and starts watching for about 5 minutes before he basically flips a table and storms out in a loud ensemble of curse words and insults directed towards the turd.

People here in America are tired of politics as they stand right now. I get that. I'm sick of it too. But I really don't think Trump is not the answer. Sadly, there are too many who do not realize this.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
01-11-2016, 01:36 PM
none. Everyone I know agrees America is dead. Granted I do get into some debates with my sister from time to time on black issues, but that would happen regardless.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube